AAPT Execution Failed

I was trying to Compile My Project and it returns this error :
Build failed! Error: Your build failed due to an error in the AAPT stage, not because of an error in your program

I think it because of my error because I am making an extension and I am testing it out. I thought its a Problem with my extension but when the app Worked in Companion I got confused. This is the Log:

The compiler error output was
________Preparing application icon
________Creating animation xml
________Creating fragment xml
________Creating listview xml in res/layout/…
________Creating listview xml in res/layout-v21/…
________Creating xml in res/drawable/…
________Creating splash png in res/drawable/…
________Creating colors xml
________Creating strings xml
________Creating styles xml
________Creating styles xml v21
________Creating drawables xml v21
________Checking for firebase
________Creating provider_path xml
________Generating manifest file
________Attaching native libraries
________Attaching Android Archive (AAR) libraries
________Attaching component assets
________Invoking AAPT
YAIL compiler - AAPT execution failed.

Can I get a Debug of this? Or does anyone know why this issue is triggered?



Did you searched on community …
This kind of errors are already been solved

It caused Because of my extension so its not been resolved before

1 Like

perhaps this could help you… :thinking:
I don’t know much about this but I think this could help…

Nope My project has no assets

Which one, do you have any link for downloading


The extension is not public yet. Can i DM The extension?



1 Like

where is solution… i’m having same problem renamed all files also try after deleting all asset’s still not worked

aapt is a difficult error. It can mean a lot of different things. Search for aapt and you get a lot of topics.

As Peter already mention

You can either search for it in the community AAPT or share your aia file, so someone can take a look at it…

Check out your package name in screen 1> advance option
It must be com.(packagename) and no space in whole word
Leave like if it get solved



Yes it worked for me. Thank You

thank you it worked

I just deleted what I had as the package name and it worked for me. Thanks!

thank you, u are the best

None of that worked for me, so I started over from scratch, and imported screens & copied blocks. Tiresome but it worked. I did, however, run into the same problem, but after building the project every 5-10 minutes, I was able to isolate when it stopped working and back up a few steps. I’d say compiling often is a good way to ward off future AAPT failures. BTW, some sort of undo would be a great addition to the project. Not complaining, I think Kodular is great!

Thanks it working now.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.