Add a list to Dynamic Card

Hi.
First of all I just want to say, yes, I know there’s a lot of topics regarding Dynamic components and so on.
But I’ve read alot, and I feel so stupid for not understanding anything. I’ve downloaded some aia files also to test out, but I can’t seem to find any solution for my wantings.

I get data from Airtables, it’s 4 column, were I put all 4 in different Variables, and then put them together in a 5th Variable. I then put this list into ColinTreeListView.

But I don’t want that look the ColinTreeListView gives. I want it to be a more good looking list.

I’ll give here an example of what I want it to look like:

Picture has been downloaded and edited from This Post on Section 3.

What I want from you is to please give me an example of how to create dynamic card in a easy way from a list.

If anyone knows of a post where it’s given a good tutorial on how, I’m glad to have it. But I’ve looked in a lot of posts, but I have no idea what to look for, and don’t understand how it’s made.

BTW: Never used dynamic components before!

Please show us some blocks so we know how have u worked with list

Here are the blocks I use to get my data from airtable:

If you need anything else just ask :slight_smile:

Atm I’m following your guide, but have no idea how to put the data inside these components.

The “join” blocks under DB_ArkivDato I won’t use if I get this to work, as that’s only used for the ColinTreeListView.

Okay. So I will explain you how Dynamic components work.

When we use for each number block, we use Create Dynamic Component block inside for each number block so that the particular component will be created for a certain length of list.

Coming to Dynamic components ID, particularly we use get number block to set the id for Dynamic Component so that the ID will not repeat itself, or else, we will get error.

For design parts:

We can literally create anything using Dynamic Components extension. I will recommend you to create a static layout, i.e. a layout which will have everything that you want inside Dynamic layout. After creating a static layout, try creating the same layout using Dynamic Components. As you are a beginner, drag and drop all the components which you will be needing inside your layout and make all those components invisible, so that you will not have any problem while creating it.

To know how to create custom layouts, you can check out this guide:

If you still have any confusion, feel free to ask. :slight_smile:
Hope it helps.

1 Like

@golumaths100
@iamwsumit

How do I put the values into the Dynamic Component?

Now I’ve made it, and think I did it correct, but I have not yet set the properties, just want to add the values first to see how it looks when I change the properties.

Here’s what I’ve done so far:

EDIT:
Now I get this error when I tried blocks under:

As the error says, the ID for each dynamic component that is being created should be unique.
Can you tell what’s the value of global DC_nummer variable?

Because the problem here is, each time the for each loops runs, the components are created with same ID. For example, during the first run of for each loop a card view with ID DynamicCard1 is created.
Now on the second run also the ID doesn’t change and that results in error which you have mentioned.

The ID is set to “0” in a variable as the tutorial sais. Is that not correct?

No the value of global DC_nummer should change with every run of for each loop.
For example in the same guide, a counter is set-up. Look :point_down: the marked area

4 Likes

Aaaaah, I guess I missed that :see_no_evil:
I’ll give it a try now and see if it works :smiley:

EDIT: It worked :+1: Thank you! Now the configuration of the properties should make it look better than it looks now :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I found the answer I was looking for :slight_smile:

Original post:
Just another question @Vaibhav or anyone else who knows.

Now I’ve set up the look and everything. But when I add more data to the list in Airtables, and goes back to archive were the Dynamic list are, they duplicate. How do I avoid that? I only want the last row with data to be added.

3 Likes

So you got the answer?

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.