Airtable column name other language issue in some devices

Note:-(I m only talking about devices ≤ Android 6.0.1 there is no issue with new version devices)

Let’s take example of Hindi language(in my case Gujarati language)
If column name is in Hindi,data is not getting loaded
But if column name is in English data is loading in whatever language it is.
My airtable data is in Gujarati (selection of perticular cell will be name of column for next screen.)so my column name will be in Gujarati
So I m not getting data in lower end devices

1 Like

Use Web Components While Entering data In Airtable To URL Encrypt and While loading in Users app Use URL Decrypt.

2 Likes

Would you like to give an example???

2 Likes

See how I use encode - decode in my blocks below. When create row I encode the data and when got column I decode the data. Hope that helps

2 Likes

Not working for me
My column name is in other language
And I can not change language of my column

2 Likes

No need to change column name just encode the value.

2 Likes

Can you please elaborate because I have tried this way but label is not getting changed so it means spreadsheet is not getting column

Just Use Url Decode block when Airtable got Column remember Don’t use it get column it will be same as all Use it.

1 Like

Sorry but not getting you properly :frowning:

Value is already stored in decoded form mean in other language

1 Like

As well as column name is also in other language

First when screen initialize

then when you receive data you should get values, add them to a global variable and then use decode block. Modify code according to your needs

1 Like

This is working fine on android version greater than 7.0

but facing problem only on android 6 and older devices

On directly pasting the column name in other language we face problem in android 6 and lower than 6

1 Like

Not working on lower end device

Then change your airtable’s colums names to english and see what happens

Changing column name to English working perfectly
But my problem is same I can not change my column names

See how to do it

I know how to change column name but I don’t want to change it because I do have more than 500 columns in Gujarati language and it was working fine in new devices now lower end devices creating problem

Sorry I can not help you more , maybe another member from the community who is from India might help you if he encountered the same problem

1 Like