Airtable Get row bug

Describe your issue

Using Airtable .GetRow block returns a list in .GotRow, but the order of items in the list is not depends on the order of coloumns in the table. It depends on the time, when changes in this row was made.

Steps to reproduce the issue

Create connection to Airtable, create ListView block. Fill several coloumns of a row with some data in Airtables, then get data from this row and show it in ListView.
Pay attention to order of elements in list view.
Now change data in the airtable row, but change colomns not from first to last but in different order - third, first, fourth, second, or something like this.
Get Row again and look to the listview elements order.

Expected Behaviour

The Items in list will be ordered as a coloumns in airtable

Actual Behaviour

The Items in list ordered as airtable data update time

Show your Blocks

Android version

1 Like

Are you saying that the content of the row, does not contain the content you expect?

Can you give a one line example of what a row should look like and what it does look like after a call?

Update

The Items in list ordered as airtable data create time

My above question still applies

The content is ok, problem is in order they appearing in Airtable.GotRow list.
Example:
You have Airtable table with colomns: Col1; Col2; Col3.
You make new row, number 5 and start to fill it with data.
First you store 2 in Col2, then 3 in Col3, and 1 in Col1.
Now you make Airtable.GetRow 5, and you think you’ll receive a list: 1;2;3 but the resulting list will be 2;3;1

Well if you are not posting the row at once in the predefined way you need to use the

option

I’m not posting a row, I’m reading it.
Let’s try again :slight_smile:
You have Airtable table with colomns: Col1; Col2; Col3.
You make new row, number 5 and start to fill it with data, in airtable web interface
First you store 2 in Col2, then 3 in Col3, and 1 in Col1.
Now, in Kodular project, you make Airtable.GetRow 5, and you think you’ll receive a list: 1;2;3 but the resulting list will be 2;3;1

1 Like

Ahh so you are not populating the data from Kodular.

If you view the data on Airtable it is accurate correct

I’m trying to view data from Airtable in Kodular.
The result of Airtable.GetRow is a list.
One can think that first item of this list is contence of firest colomn of Airtable, second intem in list - contense of seckond colomn and so on.
But this is not true.
In my example above first item in list will be the contense of seckond colomn, seckond item - will be from third colomn and third item will be the contense of first colomn.
I don’t konow is it Kodular or Airtable bug, but definetly it is a problem.

Ok, Sorry for the delay.

I confirm this is occuring. And it i not isolated to when the data was entered in order.

If in a row you have three values: orange, red, green,

Row !: Set in the following order:

1B=orange
1C=green
1A=red

When you do a Get.Row 1, the output is Orange, Green, Red.

If however you change the content, (here I changed Green to Red to Blue), the original row order was maintained.

So as a workaround, Prime the cells in the correct order, with something that you can change later out of order.

I have a feeling there is a config thing in Airtable for this, but I could not find it.

1 Like

Ok, it’s good we understand each other.
Thank you for workaround, I found same solution, that was why I wrote it is impotrand the time you enter data to cell first time, not the cell upate time.

1 Like