Animation / Loading bar freezes during page loading

First I’m sorry for the English.
I am experiencing an issue while loading the screen. When my application enters the first screen it pulls data from my database, including some images. As the loading takes a few seconds, I put a loading animation (Lottie), but in the middle of the loading the animation is stuck until the data loading is finished. I’ve tried to replace the animation with a simple Custom progress and it doesn’t work, everything I put freezes. Can someone help me?

Hi @Derik_Ferreira Welcome to Kodular Community

Which database are you using?
Since they work synchronously, your app freezes.
You should use a progress dialog to stop user from interacting with app and dismiss it when the data gets loaded.

1 Like

Yes, the lottie animation freezes if you create a bunch of list or do some big task. maybe someone will help you. btw did you load the images async?

1 Like

I am using mysql (000webhost). When he opens the application he calls the table in the database, this table has texts (product names) and image link (product image). After the data is pulled from the database it creates a ListView with the product name and image (via the image link). While the data is loading, I put an animation with Lottie. I already tried to put a progress dialog box and it still crashes. The data takes + - 6 seconds to load, for 3 seconds my animation or progress dialog box runs normally, the final 3 seconds it stays locked until the data loads.

So…you are using my SQL extension from Deep Host.
Sorry we don’t support his extensions.
Either use web method or contact the developer.

1 Like

Even the Developer

1 Like

The animation freezes because of the listview and loading images/other stuff done after getting data. not because of calling data.

1 Like

Use Image Loader Extension.

2 Likes

i suggest you to create only few listview at a time and load when user scrolls. also load image async if you don’t.

2 Likes

Right, This will help you.

2 Likes

Thanks to all of you, I will put all the tips into practice. Once you get a return result to update the discussion.

1 Like

Really what locks the animation / progress dialog is the loading of the ListView, I tried all the tips but unfortunately it is still crashing. The only solution that comes to my mind is to put an image without animation written Loading …

I left only one column in the database, that is, it has to create only 1 ListView and even so when creating this unique listview it locks the animation

U need this
Custom Loading data

did you load the image async? if you don’t, it will freeze the UI. please follow my suggestion properly.

1 Like