Announcing KodeJam 2k19!

Just did Challenge 13 in 48 blocks.
How hard was it to use so many math blocks?
:sweat_smile:

5 Likes

You guys are Really Awesome. :star_struck:

1 Like

Today’s challenges have been updated. Check them out.

1 Like

So here are my blocks for Challenge 13 ( a bit late )

And here are the sources for Haversine formula:
https://www.movable-type.co.uk/scripts/latlong.html

But I was unable to solve Challenge 14.
So if anyone had solved Challenge 14 I would like to see it.

7 Likes

Today’s challenges are out! Mmm, pretty nutty ones. :wink:

3 Likes

I made something similar, although a KodeJam implementation would be more streamlined. Still, this might give you an idea of the basic working.

I prefer to use index (or sometimes iDex) variable instead of index in list because a repetition of the same value may break the indices.

3 Likes

Today’s colorful challenges are out! :paintbrush:

4 Likes

What about the resolution challenge? Many people are waiting for this solution. Although I think there is no solution without using add-ons.

2 Likes

Anything can be solved with Blockly, given enough computational time. The major issue usually arises in competing against time. You only have around 5 seconds at a stretch to run a computation on the UI thread before hitting an ANR. Therefore it is a valid choice to make a procedure that iterates over a loop n times before saving it’s progress to a global variable, starting a timer, and terminating itself. When the timer fires (all parameters for the timer should be provided by the core procedure), it will again call the procedure, with the values from the global variable as the new parameters. This will be repeated until the desired result is obtained.

The Clock component is crucial here, and is allowed.

4 Likes

Today’s challenges are out! And the best part is that they have been updated on time. :grin:

6 Likes

Did number #21. Combine lists. (39 blocks).

2 Likes

Hi @Shreyash
I have a question related Challenge 22.
How to translate space in morse code?

1 Like

Actually it’s Franck who created that challenge, so, he might be able to help you out with this.
@Franck_G28?

3 Likes

@vknow360
Perhaps, one space is equal to five spaces in Morse code. Although, I’m not sure.

1 Like

Yes you are right.
a b in morse code will be .- -...

So one space is equal to five spaces in morse code.
Thank you.

2 Likes

Today’s challenges are live! Let’s do some mathematics. :nerd_face:

1 Like

Result:
a,1,b,2,c,3,d,4,e,5,f,6,g,7

Watch that the , are only between the values. That’s why i have the if then else.

4 Likes

Challenge #23 ready. 11 blocks.

4 Likes

Calculation resolution using iteration and timer?
How? Because I’m either stupid or I don’t understand something,.
The challenge was a long time ago. I would like a specific solution.

My two ideas look like this:

1. Make a database of all world phones. Read the model and select the saved resolution from the table.
  2. Write the script to a webviewer that reads the correct resolution.

Although there is a third way. You can write your own extension …

If there is any other way, please show.

1 Like

My Timer example was to show how time consuming tasks can be executed on Blockly. As for the challenge in question, you can use the Screen1 properties to obtain the display dimensions in DP.

1 Like