Any tips to avoid too many blocks within Screen Initialize Event?

The issue appears mostly on devices with better specs. I have even listed a few devices.

Putting everything in % wont make your app responsive. Not all devices are 16:9. So even if you make a square according to your device (with everything in %), it will never look like one on a device with ratios like 22:9, 21:9 etc.

It wont make an app responsive. Check my comment above.

Screen sizes are always calculated in pixels, percentage values makes your app responsive automatically. You can check it first. If works, you’ll get rid from the 1k+ blocks that are affecting app performance.

1 Like

You didnt get my point. I actually came up with this apparoach when the percentage thing didn’t work. I have also mentioned why it’s impossible to make your apps responsive using percentage values only.

Maybe you can setup a json file that contains different sizing values for different components. Then create a list of components that you want to resize and store it in a variable. Then use a for each loop with any components block to achieve desired output in less blocks

All values are based on Screen.Width. No idea how to make use of a json file in my case.

Can you show me the 1000 designing blocks I can try making a json file for

I’m already using AnyComponent. I have comparatively less blocks now. But the problem is the number of actions Screen.Initialize event has to perform. It remains the same.

why not make the responsive sizing function asynchronous this way it wont lag on startup

I tried this. But not working. I even tried the same with multiple timers, Delay Handler extension etc.
Someone told me that it’s because Async Procedure works in background. In my case it has to work in foreground na ?

Thank you @Peter for making it sure that I don’t get an answer anywhere. When I asked the same question in MIT community you closed it, (even though other power users there understood my desperation & let me keep the topic as is). And when I finally created a topic in ‘Marketplace’ offering a reward for people solving my issue you merged that topic. The reason why I had to create a topic in ‘Marketplace’ is because my post contains a monetary reward & it’s inappropriate to post it in normal discussions.

Thanks… Thanks a lot :pray:t2:

Please talk to @Peter personally. This is inappropriate to talk in public. Thank you for your cooperation.

2 Likes

I merged the topic because the discussion started again why this was happening. And we should not start it again but keep it in one topic.

1 Like

Can you do me one favor ?
Please close & unlist this topic. I stopped working on this app. I have had enough help already.

I’m sorry you have abandoned your app. I have an app that is responsive and found that reducing the amount of math being done helped me. I placed my font size calculations into variables (I reduced the number of different font sizes to 3 for my purposes) and then just applied those using loops. I also use percentages for component sizes and haven’t seen issues with the app displaying on various sized devices (My app is used on both phones of several dimensions and tablets as well). I hope you are able to solve your issue and continue working on the app that you wanted to make.

P.S. Another option would have been use screen 1 as a splash screen and then load a 2nd screen for the main page. I have one screen that is dynamically generated and it takes a few seconds to load and the page doesn’t open up until it’s done on all the devices I have tested it on.

2 Likes

Say you wanna make a square & you design it according to your own device (assume it has an aspect ratio of 16:9). Now check the same square in a device with an aspect ratio of 22:9 or 21:9. It will now look very bad. That’s why I have to come up with this idea. Scale everything according to Screen width. That way you can make it sure that your app looks perfect on all devices. Using some math & Tainfun’s fontscale extension will help you to get accurate font size too. I did all I can do to make my app look responsive on all devices.
Now I feel like I have wasted my time & I also lost hope. So it’s better to stop working on it. I can’t put more effort into it. I also had to face some rude people who never helped me in anyway but tried their best to block all the help I can get. They themselves think they are doing some sort of service but is only causing harm.

If I wanted to make a square I would use percentages for the width and then in initialize I would just set the height to equal width. No math involved since I already have the number I need. I was honestly trying to help as many people in the community do. Someone helped me with overshoot animations just yesterday and solved a problem to help with my design. I’m just trying to pay it forward.

3 Likes

I don’t think there’s anyone trying to “block the help”, that’s a community and we have different ideas, some work and some don’t work so much.

2 Likes

I agree with Chocoduba. Everyone approaches a problem a little differently. I have spent quite a bit of time with dynamic components building my app which can be pretty time consuming during the initialization (especially with my large daily check sheet screen that is created dynamically during initialization) and thought I might be able to help due to that experience. If it doesn’t work for your purposes, then at least I’m trying to help.

2 Likes