App only extracts one of two files after installation

Hey everyone!
Since I migrated from Appybuilder, I am encountering a problem which is driving me crazy.
My app contains two different text files which are read and extracted into two separate lists once the app is installed. On Appybuilder, everything worked fine. Now only the first of the two files is extracted after the app has been installed (to be precise: the one which comes first in the blocks, I’ve tried it both ways). When trying to access the list in which the data from the other file should be, the app crashes. After opening the app again, both lists work perfectly fine.
One more thing: When I still used Appybuilder, I could remove the Storage permission and the app still worked fine. Now this doesn’t seem to be possible anymore. Not sure if this is related…

Does anyone have any idea? I don’t want my app to crash on first use as it would most likely deter potential users. Thank you for your replies…

1 Like

Are you using sharing or TinyDB component? Or any other component which requires storage permission?

Post the block Screen1.Initialize. Do you use the Package Utilities component?

See also here:

1 Like

I do not use Package Utilities. But the hint with the screen reload triggered my idea for a workaroud: Now I extract one file on my Start Screen and the other on the Splash Screen. That does the trick (until now at least :D) Thank you so much, bodymindpower :slight_smile:

1 Like

I do - both of them. But why was it possible to remove the permission with AppToMarket before and the app still worked fine?

1 Like

Yes then it requires storage permission!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.