Assigning Items from a Mysql query to variables

Please show what comes back in responseContent before you do anything with it.

Hey Guys, A big Shout out to Tim, Roderio and other for helping this old guy. Luckily I don’t see myself doing any more apps after this one so thanks again. I really appreciate everyone’s efforts to see me tough this one. Thanks again. :slight_smile:

#off-topic My name is Rogerio. :grinning: :+1:t2:

We are 2 …
:grinning:

Keep studying … it’s part …

It’s never over… is it?

Because of the block that says [ SPLIT AT SPACES] where I have a sentence in the database filed, it thinks these are items and fills up my variables with all the words of the first sentence.

Now what?

Anyone?

Initially I did only have one word per item so it wasn’t a problem. But that was only a test. Now Im really up the creek without a paddle.

Its return is separated into items, such as an array.

Thats right. :frowning:

The parentheses () were removed … and then you “walked” item by item using For Each …

That’s right but the parentheses were not around each filed. They were around the whole lot. (all the items)

The parentheses () were removed … and then you “walked” item by item using For Each …

Friend , Is it right? You decide . Example: Your CSV return is the product name, product price, product stock. And you just want to know the quantity of the stock, you would take only the last item. …

Check your Response Content. This is the value that is returned from your web.get .post

Not quite. All the fields are required. But It does look as if the only way forward might be to go index by index???

What’s problem ? It is automatic… 0.0000001 seconds :grinning:

Ok, Im not that good - not yet. explain. (or better yet - show) ;_)

but it 01:35 and my wife is getting cross!!!

1 Like

Yep, won’t work with text manipulation if you have spaces in your fields as well. Your initial sample data did not include any spaces in the fields…

As asked about 10 posts ago:

Please show what comes back in responseContent before you do anything with it.

Thats the prob. the simulator wont work for some reason so yes. I’m downloading every time and working very blind! (like an idiot)

Can you run the query in your computer browser instead ?

sure… hang on

This , is on blocks , web.got .

I can see the return on the app. It comes through and fills to the end of my request fields

That is outputting a comma separated list. How is it getting converted to a space separated lists - with parentheses ?