[Discontinued] Background Tasks [4.1] πŸ₯³

It’s working. Thanks

1 Like

When it will come?

I have school tests, it’ll be late.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Sorry for Off topicing

I would be more patient if I were you. If I were @Xoma I would think very hard if I wanted to help you.

5 Likes

Sorry I Understood, Now i don’t worry @xoma anymore.

@Xoma when you got free help me take care of your exam first.

These are my block tell me what is wrong or aia given below

aia:-
web.aia (503.6 KB)

So 20 minutes after you have said you won’t bother him anymore you already tag him to get his attention? We expect you to behave on the community and not spam users over and over again. You asked yourself a while ago why you aren’t promoted to another trustlevel on the community. This is why.

5 Likes

What are you trying to achieve?
You are creating a function with component β€œclock” that is not created.

You are first calling GetValue on the firebase component that is still not initialized yet.

When you normally use the Firebase component with your app, it gets automatically invoked. This needs to be manually invoked to activate the Firebase component.

The next update adds a small block to read all the visible methods of the components (component blocks with also the public methods like Initialize that is not visible in the blocks.)

The new features of 4.0 :clap:

12.08.2021_16.44.06_REC

Alarm functions are removed, replaced with Exact tasks.

Configure the repeated mode type (HIGH/DEFAULT) for cases if you want the task to be restarted within that moment or use the default type and let the System decided to restart the service.

New blocks allow the service to open using URI/PackageName/Screen from background if the user has granted display popups permission.

12.08.2021_16.56.10_REC

Save memory! Decide the maximum time the service should live (powered by Alarm manager).

Comparing things, conditions?

Since many users find it difficult to use Codes to compare things in the ExtraFunction block, I’m searching for a new way to do that. The library to evaluate/execute Java takes 65% of the size (that’s 240 plus KB!).

Also, there are many things you could not do (like Internal methods), suggest me something good :slightly_smiling_face:

I am addicted to Kodular community lol

10 Likes

Hello,
How can I check multiple condition? If all conditions are true then call the required function.
Please guide.
Thanks

1 Like

You can just add multiple items to the codes or do it like this:

a == b && c == b

Use && that means and. Both the condition should match.

Okay, Thank you. I will try.
Can this extension get the switch value like True or False?

I have tried every possible block but It seems It’s not working.

What are you trying to do?

I am trying to check battery status only IF the switch is ON.

I can detect the battery status in background using the extension but I can’t check the Switch checked value at the same time when checking the BatteryStatus change value in background

Store the value (on/off) to variiable maybe and they check the result

Amazing job. How can i make this using your extension?

Yeah, sure you can do that

I dont know how. Can you show me?