[Discontinued] Background Tasks [4.1] 🥳

I want to run this block: What do I do?

IMG_20220429_023756

how do I do it?
This is the extension I use in the block:
com.jdl.FloatingView.aix (20.2 ק״ב)

this has been explained in the first post there

ItoO Tasks is a specially built extension (completely different from the old one) that makes such Environment that it would be possible to allow things like Procedures/Variables to be accessed when the App is In Background.

Taifun

1 Like

And how can I run what I wanted in the background with this extension?

Hi, can we use loop in this extension. Does it work

Hi with regards to this post I had created my app for notify when firebase database changes
@Xoma
But I face one problem that after few minutes this extension stop working in background !
Then I need to open the app again and then it works for few minutes in background and then stops working again !

Is there any working time of this extension?

I am using 3.0 version of this extension.

Hi could anyone help? I have a problem with Task Extension. I need Extension to send Notification when Firebase Data Change is done even if the Application is killed.

Hi @OK_Film just do this procedure

I had own solved my problem by testing it with different extension version

Just use this blocks with 3.2 version of this extension it will work properly , in case of extra function also !

And don’t forget to turn true Restart_after_kill

Hi,

just trying to get started with your extension but i don’t find a simple example.
Can you give a very simple example, e.g. an alert message which is displayed every 20 Seconds?

Would be very helpful, i just need a hello world experience :wink:

Best wishes
Daniel

try this,

1 Like

can someone help me, i want when new row added on list send notification, and work on background, i just started using this extension and it is complicated for me, would someone please help me

If you use airtable, then this might help :thinking::blush:

WOW… So Kodular can handle background processes now?
This is a huge game changer!
So, I wanna try a simple task, I’ve built a timer with a sound alarm, but if the screen locks or the app is minimized/closed it stop working.
Does this plugin prevent the app of being in “sleep mode” like this?

This is what I’ve done so far:

After android 8 your app is not working in background all the time. Android system automatically kills your app from background.
I try all possibilities but no result was found. :smiling_face_with_tear: :smiling_face_with_tear: :smiling_face_with_tear:

Oh that’s a bummer…

I’ve tried it on Android 7 and it doesn’t work either

No that is not what the extension is meant for, btw you should be using this extension instead:

Where are you calling the Start block, without that the extension is useless.
Also you have set latency to 4 minutes, you should reduce it while testing.

1 Like

hello can i repeat task with this extension. ItoO - Background Tasks

like i want after some secound (7 sec) it automatic repeat for another 7 second?

Yeah look here:

BTW, that version of the extension is not released yet.

Sweet, thank you very much!

1 Like