[Discontinued] Background Tasks [4.1] 🥳

If you use airtable, then this might help :thinking::blush:

WOW… So Kodular can handle background processes now?
This is a huge game changer!
So, I wanna try a simple task, I’ve built a timer with a sound alarm, but if the screen locks or the app is minimized/closed it stop working.
Does this plugin prevent the app of being in “sleep mode” like this?

This is what I’ve done so far:

After android 8 your app is not working in background all the time. Android system automatically kills your app from background.
I try all possibilities but no result was found. :smiling_face_with_tear: :smiling_face_with_tear: :smiling_face_with_tear:

Oh that’s a bummer…

I’ve tried it on Android 7 and it doesn’t work either

No that is not what the extension is meant for, btw you should be using this extension instead:

Where are you calling the Start block, without that the extension is useless.
Also you have set latency to 4 minutes, you should reduce it while testing.

1 Like

hello can i repeat task with this extension. ItoO - Background Tasks

like i want after some secound (7 sec) it automatic repeat for another 7 second?

Yeah look here:

BTW, that version of the extension is not released yet.

Sweet, thank you very much!

1 Like

is it possible from list view not from spread sheet , i will do a webscrap to listview from components

where i can get a notification component? is it an extension?

do you have the example of aia?

hi, i want to my realtime database always update even the app was killed. but i got an error. my apk wont build.
this is my block

anyone please help me :slightly_smiling_face:

can anyone help me with this? this is my block and also my aia file

testBackground.aia (795.2 KB)

thanks!

what’s wrong with my block? Please help me

Please be patient and wait for someone to help if they can.

1 Like

"I want to show a notification with notification style extension in background when value changed on firebase database , i don’t need any timeouts "

Can anyone show me the exact blocks how can I create it…Please it’s my humble request, i need it urgently :sweat:

Unfortunately, it takes time to build blocks. You have to try something on your own.

Hi, I tried the extension and it great, the only problem is I can’t figure out how to make it check website value. if the get value is 1 then it shows notification, and if the get value 0, it does nothing. is there anybody could help me? thank you.

1 Like