[Discontinued] Background Tasks [4.1] 🥳

1300 posts to read is a lot. tell me this extension can work with the web component? I want to receive json data in the background

Yes well honestly. It is really difficult to keep up.

1 Like

is there any way when a line added on list send notifications, with out using one signal because the list data it is individual and different for each user. i really need your help

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Please don’t spam the forum.

What is the difference between the extension here and the extension here:

And will my problem there, be solved by using the extension here.

I want to run this block: What do I do?

IMG_20220429_023756

how do I do it?
This is the extension I use in the block:
com.jdl.FloatingView.aix (20.2 ק״ב)

this has been explained in the first post there

ItoO Tasks is a specially built extension (completely different from the old one) that makes such Environment that it would be possible to allow things like Procedures/Variables to be accessed when the App is In Background.

Taifun

1 Like

And how can I run what I wanted in the background with this extension?

Hi, can we use loop in this extension. Does it work

Hi with regards to this post I had created my app for notify when firebase database changes
@Xoma
But I face one problem that after few minutes this extension stop working in background !
Then I need to open the app again and then it works for few minutes in background and then stops working again !

Is there any working time of this extension?

I am using 3.0 version of this extension.

Hi could anyone help? I have a problem with Task Extension. I need Extension to send Notification when Firebase Data Change is done even if the Application is killed.

Hi @OK_Film just do this procedure

I had own solved my problem by testing it with different extension version

Just use this blocks with 3.2 version of this extension it will work properly , in case of extra function also !

And don’t forget to turn true Restart_after_kill

Hi,

just trying to get started with your extension but i don’t find a simple example.
Can you give a very simple example, e.g. an alert message which is displayed every 20 Seconds?

Would be very helpful, i just need a hello world experience :wink:

Best wishes
Daniel

try this,

1 Like

can someone help me, i want when new row added on list send notification, and work on background, i just started using this extension and it is complicated for me, would someone please help me

If you use airtable, then this might help :thinking::blush:

WOW… So Kodular can handle background processes now?
This is a huge game changer!
So, I wanna try a simple task, I’ve built a timer with a sound alarm, but if the screen locks or the app is minimized/closed it stop working.
Does this plugin prevent the app of being in “sleep mode” like this?

This is what I’ve done so far:

After android 8 your app is not working in background all the time. Android system automatically kills your app from background.
I try all possibilities but no result was found. :smiling_face_with_tear: :smiling_face_with_tear: :smiling_face_with_tear:

Oh that’s a bummer…