[Discontinued] Background Tasks [4.1] πŸ₯³

You’re blocks are wrong. The Name parameter is the component name. Here are the right blocks:

I have not tested it yet.

1 Like

the application stops.

1 Like

Can you please pm me the test apk? I don’t face that issue in both of my devices.

2 Likes

Hello, this version of the extension does not supports UI related components to be created in background.

1 Like

Can We Use This Block In Background? If yes Than How??

Capture

4 Likes

Use the web component as said many times :sweat_smile:.

3 Likes

How ? can you explain more. or give us a aia file.

1 Like
3 Likes

same thing is her when we get any url with web component. than we need this block for get response. so how we use this??

component_event

2 Likes

i use this for play audio in background but when i start my app was crash

2 Likes

Seems this version is not good from the old ones. I will look into that. Thanks

2 Likes

Can you please test it using the old version of the extension and check if it works?

1 Like

yes, when I leave my app the audio stopped. it not working in the background. (Old Version Extension)

1 Like

That’s the normal behavior of the extension. I have found solution to this bug and will try to fix it.

3 Likes

Ok fix all kind of problem and publish your extension’s stable version. we are waiting.

3 Likes

How to play music in background ??

1 Like

I am discontinuing the development on the extension as I’m busy these days due to school works etc. Its strongly recommended to use the previous version of the extension due to some issues. The extension sources are left open source so that anyone can fix bugs / do updates etc on the extension and can post it here with the higher person’s permission.

9 Likes

:disappointed_relieved: :disappointed_relieved:

I’m gonna try this along with the floating extension.
I hope it works.

EDIT: wait, I was thinking this extension will prevent my phone from force closing my app in the background. That’s not what this extension is for, is it? :thinking:

1 Like

It is sad that the developer couldn’t keep the work with the extension.
If some other kodular member want to help with this amazing work started by Xoma, I can gladly become a sponsor. At least 5-10$ to help to pay for the time I can give without a doubt.

Of course, the code must continue open source.

And I have some friends that could donate a few dollars too. If anyone is interested comment here or PM me

6 Likes