[Discontinued] Background Tasks [4.1] 🥳

I’m just depending on it to finish my app. Is there anyone who can help me??

It’s complicated (So one will be able to help you :frowning: ) except for me.
Make your project backup, start with a simple notification in the background, slowly, go forward.

You can suggest to me in what way it’ll be easy for you and others to work with Background Tasks, I’ll surely try to improve it with the 4.0 version.

I just need someone to assemble the blocks as they are in the photo but using their extension and send me the png. I think for you who already know how to do it, it will be very easy and fast. So I can finish my app. but if they can’t thank you in the same way

If you want to show a notification in the image, you can just use them with this extension.

Create a notification component, create a show notification function, then call it! Next move forward getting the value from tiny DB. @Calafalass asked a similar thing in his post.

Honestly to say, whenever I find the blocks not working, I look into the blocks then else need to connect them through USB every time search for logs correct them back (it isn’t easy for me to sometimes).

It looks like you just want somebody to do the work, you could try it yourself :wink:, I am always there to help you.

1 Like

“It looks like you just want somebody to do the work, you could try it yourself :wink:, I am always there to help you”

No. It’s just that I tried to do it and I couldn’t. Thanks

Friend, mr Bharat made a topic whre he is accepting suggestions for features to develp with this extension. The ones of you who have ideas and can’t turn them into reality by yourselves can post them there. No guarantee that they will be made, but costs nothing and I think it is better than stay here at this topic making questions related to things that were already answered before or that can be done by someone that know the extension and others components better.

1 Like

Why is the id argument of BackgroundTask1.Start set to 0? What is it for?

That helps you to run multiple tasks and to have controls like a stop on it.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply.

1 Like

Can you please help me figure out what is wrong with my blocks?
My app tries to send personalized SMS to about 30 recipients whose records are stored in a listview. This was impossible before because Android and service providers would not allow a user to send multiple messages in a short time. But I thought maybe I could use your extension to schedule the sending of SMS at some fixed intervals. Only problem is I’m stuck with my blocks and I really can’t figure out what I am missing. Any light on this would be greatly appreciated.

Hi, if your extension is not the latest version, first update it.
I recommend you remove the MakeDelay block, it is not recommended to use it as there are good alternatives to it. You could simply schedule an Alarm.

After you create the texting component, call “Initialize” method on that.
Also, you are not calling the SendMessage function.

1 Like

Thanks again.
When you said update, you meant Tasks 4.0? I just downloaded it.
It might seem stupid to ask but what do you mean “Initialize”? I am sorry but I really am a total beginner.
I really appreciate your replies. You must be a very good person to develop an extension and share it to others without charges and even have the patience to help them in detail. (I’ve been reading this thread.)

No not that, 4.0 is the beta version, anyway, you can use that.
You have to call “Initialize” on the component just as you call other functions, Initialize function is not seen in the blocks.

When you normally use any component, this is automatically called for you, but when using this with the extension you will have to manually call it.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Tried your suggestions. But the app still fails to behave as it needs to. Somehow the Texting component fails when it gets to the third message. Also, I noticed that it closes the app or somehow it crashes (this is what android reports) when the service is started. Is this normal? Although I also noticed that even after the app closed or crashed, all the scheduled tasks still showed up in the foreground at the exact time they were supposed to. Tried a few things but thought I’ll always get stuck unless I get to understand what really is going on. Please help me.
Here are my new blocks:

1 Like

No that is not normal, you are proving a string as a list that makes the service crash:

17.08.2021_22.08.06_REC

That was really stupid of me. But thanks.

1 Like

The extension tries some times to restart itself if there is any crash, this will cause the service to misbehave.

So that explains why it tried to send more messages than expected. Can I ask? Can the extension access the value of a textbox while the app is running only in the foreground or do all components get destroyed when the app is running only in the foreground?

If you are referring to (before I said the mistake in blocks), its because the extension tries to perform the operation but multiple times fails there.

It should be possible (only if foreground, i am not sure) to do it, you should instead create a tiny db, change the values from there and that can be processed later.

I will be unable to properly reply to posts for some days.