Change from MAKEROID to KODULAR - ERROR (resolved)

Hello,
After switching from MAKEROID to KODULAR, my application has stopped working, displays error and closes automatically when switching screens. Can anyone tell me why and how to solve this?

Hello @robson_cassiano

Can you show us your project’s blocks?

Hello,
My application was working normally before switching to KODULAR, this app has several screens, and the error occurs when switching screens, I believe it is due to the package name. But I do not know how to solve it.

I doubt that the method, you have implemented for switching screen will work. At-least I have never seen it. But I may be wrong.

See the The recommended method of switching screens by @Taifun

2 Likes

Well, I don’t know too, if that causes the problem, but I’m 100% sure that your switching method is wrong. Try removing the blocks I marked with red:

Never seen someone switching blocks like that, it makes no sense
The start value should only be a string, delete all those blocks like @Daaniiieel said

2 Likes

Well I think it can be a list too, maybe I’m wrong. But, try deleting those. But, better use TinyDB for transferring data between screens.

I’ve always worked this way and it works yes, I can guarantee, when I change the screen, I need to close the previous one, at least until last week before moving to KODULAR this same application was working perfectly.

1 Like

Yeah maybe, but that’s not what’s distrubing me, it is the close screen block.
But if @robson_cassiano says it works, I don’t know what to say about.

1 Like

Yes it can be list, for this type of application I need it to work this way, for a series of security reasons, TinyDB would bring me wrong information in case of for example the application close (lack of battery) for example because it would not be reset , this way I have full control over the screen changes, which is something fundamental for this application, the user can only advance screen if the previous screen form is completed and it is fully validated.

Thanks, everyone. But the thing is that this application was working normally until last Thursday, I did not move on it after this date and after the change to KODULAR stopped working, or smaller, the problem is only when screen trocr, error message appears and closes, I did this when using AppyBuilder and we could not use the package name, there was this same error that is occurring now, so I think it was something in the change and reflected in the screen changes, for using the package name.

1 Like

Can you upload here an Apk so that we can test ourselves?

Doesn’t mean that your screens are causing the problem but if so make a test app in that case and try it, else what other components do you have.

edit. I have just tried and it works, so there must be another component that causes this.

/Boban

1 Like

I’ve already done this test, I created a two-screen application and I switched from one screen to another in the same way as my application, and it worked normally, passing a list with values, and closing the current screen. I read that I had this application installed on another device, which was installed before switching to KODULAR and worked normally, so I did the test generating a new apk now as KODULAR and updated it, the testae presented the same error when switching from one screen to another. I’ll keep investigating but I’m sure the problem was caused by the change, something stopped working because the last time I worked on the application was still MAKEROID.

What I know off, Lottie component doesn’t work properly.

/Boban

1 Like

it is certainly something else that stopped working on the change because I made a test application with large list and stripe inside the list did not show any fault when switching from and received the data sent correctly.