Copy ASD .zip file to another address on Android 11

Hello everyone, this is my first topic in the community and I hope you can help me.
I have created a project, in kodular to copy a .zip file from ASD to another address, in (Android 10 or less) it works perfect. but in Android 11 it doesn’t work for me.

I’ve followed @bodymindpower @Taifun dvice and used their extensions, but it still doesn’t work for me. I thought that in Android 11 that will no longer be done
action, but I have found an App on Google Play that does perform these functions and I have tested it on Android 11 and it works, I don’t know if I am making a mistake.
Below I am going to leave you the blocks that I have used, a video, the .apk so that you can try it and the .aia I await your prompt response and that you can help me.

blocks :point_down:t6:

Video :point_down:t6:

Apk :point_down:t6:
pru.apk (5.3 MB)

aia :point_down:t6:
pru.aia (257.1 KB)

The app can only access its own ASD (at least on Android 11+).
This is also not possible with MANAGE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE (but not checked) or SAF.

There must be a way, a read permission something, since in google play there are some applications that do exactly the same thing and I have tried it on android 11 and it works excellent, but I still have not been able to get it to work.
I haven’t tried the SAF extension but I’m going to try and see.

I edited these blocks with Saf but now it doesn’t copy them even in android 10 I get the authority error, if you help me with the blocks I appreciate it

This is the manifest of the skin tool app that is on google play, it will be that with this you can get a solution, I really would like to be able to do this function.
:point_down:t6: :point_down:t6: :point_down:t6:

Here is the manifest for those, who like to take a quick look…

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="no"?><manifest xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android" android:compileSdkVersion="31" android:compileSdkVersionCodename="12" package="com.toolbox.ff.skin.tool.free" platformBuildVersionCode="31" platformBuildVersionName="12">
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE"/>
    <uses-permission android:maxSdkVersion="28" android:name="android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE"/>
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.INTERNET"/>
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE"/>
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.WAKE_LOCK"/>
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION"/>
    <uses-permission android:name="com.google.android.finsky.permission.BIND_GET_INSTALL_REFERRER_SERVICE"/>
    <uses-permission android:name="com.google.android.c2dm.permission.RECEIVE"/>
    <queries>
        <package android:name="com.facebook.katana"/>
        <intent>
            <action android:name="android.intent.action.VIEW"/>
            <category android:name="android.intent.category.BROWSABLE"/>
            <data android:scheme="https"/>
        </intent>
        <intent>
            <action android:name="android.support.customtabs.action.CustomTabsService"/>
        </intent>
        <intent>
            <action android:name="android.media.browse.MediaBrowserService"/>
        </intent>
        <intent>
            <action android:name="androidx.media2.session.MediaSessionService"/>
        </intent>
        <intent>
            <action android:name="androidx.media2.session.MediaLibraryService"/>
        </intent>
        <intent>
            <action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN"/>
        </intent>
    </queries>
    <uses-permission android:name="com.google.android.gms.permission.AD_ID"/>
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED"/>
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_WIFI_STATE"/>
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.FOREGROUND_SERVICE"/>
    <application android:allowBackup="true" android:appComponentFactory="androidx.core.app.CoreComponentFactory" android:icon="@mipmap/ic_launcher" android:isSplitRequired="true" android:label="@string/app_name" android:localeConfig="@xml/locales_config" android:name="com.toolbox.ff.skin.tool.free.MainApplication" android:networkSecurityConfig="@xml/network_security_config" android:roundIcon="@mipmap/ic_launcher_round" android:supportsRtl="true" android:theme="@style/Theme.ToolsBoxSkinTools">
        <meta-data android:name="com.google.android.gms.ads.APPLICATION_ID" android:value="ca-app-pub-5026270687123701~1981121960"/>
        <meta-data android:name="applovin.sdk.key" android:value="PXSBQaC4Qx1gltovRrJUrnND5gL5r7oUNlgBODHB6kRwt5WSlFLbKVrcsda5PwxpcVgIPF-uR3CWfixOlo9k9s"/>
        <activity android:exported="true" android:label="@string/app_name" android:name="com.toolbox.ff.skin.tool.free.MainActivity" android:screenOrientation="portrait" android:theme="@style/Theme.ToolsBoxSkinTools.NoActionBar">
            <intent-filter>
                <action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN"/>
                <category android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER"/>
            </intent-filter>
        </activity>
        <receiver android:name="com.squareup.okhttp.MyAlarmReceiver"/>
        <service android:exported="false" android:name="com.squareup.okhttp.MyFirebaseMessagingService">
            <intent-filter>
                <action android:name="com.google.firebase.MESSAGING_EVENT"/>
            </intent-filter>
        </service>
        <meta-data android:name="com.google.firebase.messaging.default_notification_channel_id" android:value="@string/default_notification_channel_id"/>
        <meta-data android:name="firebase_messaging_auto_init_enabled" android:value="false"/>
        <meta-data android:name="firebase_analytics_collection_enabled" android:value="true"/>
        <activity android:configChanges="keyboardHidden|orientation|screenSize" android:name="com.mopub.mobileads.MoPubFullscreenActivity" android:theme="@style/MoPubFullscreenTheme"/>
        <activity android:configChanges="keyboardHidden|orientation|screenSize" android:name="com.mopub.common.MoPubBrowser" android:theme="@style/MoPubFullscreenTheme"/>
        <activity android:configChanges="keyboardHidden|orientation|screenSize" android:name="com.mopub.common.privacy.ConsentDialogActivity" android:theme="@style/MoPubFullscreenTheme"/>
        <activity android:name="cat.ereza.customactivityoncrash.activity.DefaultErrorActivity" android:process=":error_activity"/>
        <provider android:authorities="com.toolbox.ff.skin.tool.free.customactivityoncrashinitprovider" android:exported="false" android:initOrder="101" android:name="cat.ereza.customactivityoncrash.provider.CaocInitProvider"/>
        <receiver android:enabled="true" android:exported="false" android:name="com.google.android.gms.measurement.AppMeasurementReceiver"/>
        <service android:enabled="true" android:exported="false" android:name="com.google.android.gms.measurement.AppMeasurementService"/>
        <service android:enabled="true" android:exported="false" android:name="com.google.android.gms.measurement.AppMeasurementJobService" android:permission="android.permission.BIND_JOB_SERVICE"/>
        <receiver android:exported="true" android:name="com.google.firebase.iid.FirebaseInstanceIdReceiver" android:permission="com.google.android.c2dm.permission.SEND">
            <intent-filter>
                <action android:name="com.google.android.c2dm.intent.RECEIVE"/>
            </intent-filter>
        </receiver>
        <service android:directBootAware="true" android:exported="false" android:name="com.google.firebase.messaging.FirebaseMessagingService">
            <intent-filter android:priority="-500">
                <action android:name="com.google.firebase.MESSAGING_EVENT"/>
            </intent-filter>
        </service>
        <service android:directBootAware="true" android:exported="false" android:name="com.google.firebase.components.ComponentDiscoveryService">
            <meta-data android:name="com.google.firebase.components:com.google.firebase.messaging.FirebaseMessagingRegistrar" android:value="com.google.firebase.components.ComponentRegistrar"/>
            <meta-data android:name="com.google.firebase.components:com.google.firebase.analytics.connector.internal.AnalyticsConnectorRegistrar" android:value="com.google.firebase.components.ComponentRegistrar"/>
            <meta-data android:name="com.google.firebase.components:com.google.firebase.remoteconfig.RemoteConfigRegistrar" android:value="com.google.firebase.components.ComponentRegistrar"/>
            <meta-data android:name="com.google.firebase.components:com.google.firebase.abt.component.AbtRegistrar" android:value="com.google.firebase.components.ComponentRegistrar"/>
            <meta-data android:name="com.google.firebase.components:com.google.firebase.crashlytics.CrashlyticsRegistrar" android:value="com.google.firebase.components.ComponentRegistrar"/>
            <meta-data android:name="com.google.firebase.components:com.google.firebase.installations.FirebaseInstallationsRegistrar" android:value="com.google.firebase.components.ComponentRegistrar"/>
            <meta-data android:name="com.google.firebase.components:com.google.firebase.datatransport.TransportRegistrar" android:value="com.google.firebase.components.ComponentRegistrar"/>
        </service>
        <activity android:configChanges="keyboardHidden|orientation|screenSize" android:exported="false" android:hardwareAccelerated="true" android:name="com.facebook.ads.AudienceNetworkActivity" android:theme="@android:style/Theme.Translucent.NoTitleBar"/>
        <provider android:authorities="com.toolbox.ff.skin.tool.free.AudienceNetworkContentProvider" android:exported="false" android:name="com.facebook.ads.AudienceNetworkContentProvider"/>
        <provider android:authorities="com.toolbox.ff.skin.tool.free.firebaseinitprovider" android:directBootAware="true" android:exported="false" android:initOrder="100" android:name="com.google.firebase.provider.FirebaseInitProvider"/>
        <activity android:configChanges="keyboard|keyboardHidden|orientation|screenLayout|screenSize|smallestScreenSize|uiMode" android:exported="false" android:name="com.google.android.gms.ads.AdActivity" android:theme="@android:style/Theme.Translucent"/>
        <provider android:authorities="com.toolbox.ff.skin.tool.free.mobileadsinitprovider" android:exported="false" android:initOrder="100" android:name="com.google.android.gms.ads.MobileAdsInitProvider"/>
        <service android:enabled="true" android:exported="false" android:name="com.google.android.gms.ads.AdService"/>
        <provider android:authorities="com.toolbox.ff.skin.tool.free.applovincontentprovider" android:exported="false" android:grantUriPermissions="true" android:initOrder="101" android:name="com.applovin.sdk.AppLovinInitProvider"/>
        <activity android:configChanges="orientation|screenLayout|screenSize|smallestScreenSize|uiMode" android:hardwareAccelerated="true" android:name="com.applovin.adview.AppLovinInterstitialActivity" android:screenOrientation="behind"/>
        <activity android:configChanges="keyboard|keyboardHidden|locale|orientation|screenLayout|screenSize|smallestScreenSize|uiMode" android:exported="false" android:hardwareAccelerated="true" android:launchMode="singleTop" android:name="com.applovin.adview.AppLovinFullscreenActivity" android:screenOrientation="behind"/>
        <activity android:configChanges="keyboardHidden|orientation|screenSize|uiMode" android:name="com.applovin.sdk.AppLovinWebViewActivity"/>
        <activity android:configChanges="keyboardHidden|orientation|screenSize" android:name="com.applovin.mediation.MaxDebuggerActivity" android:theme="@style/com.applovin.mediation.MaxDebuggerActivity.Theme"/>
        <activity android:configChanges="keyboardHidden|orientation|screenSize" android:name="com.applovin.mediation.MaxDebuggerDetailActivity" android:theme="@style/com.applovin.mediation.MaxDebuggerActivity.Theme"/>
        <activity android:configChanges="keyboardHidden|orientation|screenSize" android:name="com.applovin.mediation.MaxDebuggerMultiAdActivity" android:theme="@style/com.applovin.mediation.MaxDebuggerActivity.Theme"/>
        <activity android:configChanges="keyboardHidden|orientation|screenSize" android:name="com.applovin.mediation.MaxDebuggerAdUnitsListActivity" android:theme="@style/com.applovin.mediation.MaxDebuggerActivity.Theme"/>
        <activity android:configChanges="keyboardHidden|orientation|screenSize" android:name="com.applovin.mediation.MaxDebuggerAdUnitDetailActivity" android:theme="@style/com.applovin.mediation.MaxDebuggerActivity.Theme"/>
        <activity android:configChanges="keyboardHidden|orientation|screenSize" android:name="com.applovin.mediation.MaxDebuggerTestLiveNetworkActivity" android:theme="@style/com.applovin.mediation.MaxDebuggerActivity.Theme"/>
        <service android:exported="false" android:name="com.applovin.impl.sdk.utils.AppKilledService" android:stopWithTask="false"/>
        <service android:exported="false" android:name="com.applovin.impl.adview.activity.FullscreenAdService" android:stopWithTask="false"/>
        <meta-data android:name="com.google.android.gms.version" android:value="@integer/google_play_services_version"/>
        <provider android:authorities="com.toolbox.ff.skin.tool.free.androidx-startup" android:exported="false" android:name="androidx.startup.InitializationProvider">
            <meta-data android:name="androidx.emoji2.text.EmojiCompatInitializer" android:value="androidx.startup"/>
            <meta-data android:name="androidx.lifecycle.ProcessLifecycleInitializer" android:value="androidx.startup"/>
        </provider>
        <provider android:authorities="com.toolbox.ff.skin.tool.free.workmanager-init" android:directBootAware="false" android:exported="false" android:multiprocess="true" android:name="androidx.work.impl.WorkManagerInitializer"/>
        <service android:directBootAware="false" android:enabled="@bool/enable_system_alarm_service_default" android:exported="false" android:name="androidx.work.impl.background.systemalarm.SystemAlarmService"/>
        <service android:directBootAware="false" android:enabled="@bool/enable_system_job_service_default" android:exported="true" android:name="androidx.work.impl.background.systemjob.SystemJobService" android:permission="android.permission.BIND_JOB_SERVICE"/>
        <receiver android:directBootAware="false" android:enabled="true" android:exported="false" android:name="androidx.work.impl.utils.ForceStopRunnable$BroadcastReceiver"/>
        <receiver android:directBootAware="false" android:enabled="false" android:exported="false" android:name="androidx.work.impl.background.systemalarm.ConstraintProxy$BatteryChargingProxy">
            <intent-filter>
                <action android:name="android.intent.action.ACTION_POWER_CONNECTED"/>
                <action android:name="android.intent.action.ACTION_POWER_DISCONNECTED"/>
            </intent-filter>
        </receiver>
        <receiver android:directBootAware="false" android:enabled="false" android:exported="false" android:name="androidx.work.impl.background.systemalarm.ConstraintProxy$BatteryNotLowProxy">
            <intent-filter>
                <action android:name="android.intent.action.BATTERY_OKAY"/>
                <action android:name="android.intent.action.BATTERY_LOW"/>
            </intent-filter>
        </receiver>
        <receiver android:directBootAware="false" android:enabled="false" android:exported="false" android:name="androidx.work.impl.background.systemalarm.ConstraintProxy$StorageNotLowProxy">
            <intent-filter>
                <action android:name="android.intent.action.DEVICE_STORAGE_LOW"/>
                <action android:name="android.intent.action.DEVICE_STORAGE_OK"/>
            </intent-filter>
        </receiver>
        <receiver android:directBootAware="false" android:enabled="false" android:exported="false" android:name="androidx.work.impl.background.systemalarm.ConstraintProxy$NetworkStateProxy">
            <intent-filter>
                <action android:name="android.net.conn.CONNECTIVITY_CHANGE"/>
            </intent-filter>
        </receiver>
        <receiver android:directBootAware="false" android:enabled="false" android:exported="false" android:name="androidx.work.impl.background.systemalarm.RescheduleReceiver">
            <intent-filter>
                <action android:name="android.intent.action.BOOT_COMPLETED"/>
                <action android:name="android.intent.action.TIME_SET"/>
                <action android:name="android.intent.action.TIMEZONE_CHANGED"/>
            </intent-filter>
        </receiver>
        <receiver android:directBootAware="false" android:enabled="@bool/enable_system_alarm_service_default" android:exported="false" android:name="androidx.work.impl.background.systemalarm.ConstraintProxyUpdateReceiver">
            <intent-filter>
                <action android:name="androidx.work.impl.background.systemalarm.UpdateProxies"/>
            </intent-filter>
        </receiver>
        <provider android:authorities="com.toolbox.ff.skin.tool.free.startappinitprovider" android:exported="false" android:name="com.startapp.sdk.adsbase.StartAppInitProvider"/>
        <activity android:configChanges="keyboardHidden|orientation|screenLayout|screenSize" android:name="com.startapp.sdk.adsbase.consent.ConsentActivity" android:theme="@android:style/Theme.Translucent"/>
        <activity android:name="com.startapp.sdk.ads.list3d.List3DActivity" android:theme="@android:style/Theme"/>
        <activity android:configChanges="keyboardHidden|orientation|screenLayout|screenSize" android:name="com.startapp.sdk.ads.interstitials.OverlayActivity" android:theme="@android:style/Theme.Translucent"/>
        <service android:name="com.startapp.sdk.cachedservice.BackgroundService"/>
        <service android:name="com.startapp.sdk.jobs.SchedulerService" android:permission="android.permission.BIND_JOB_SERVICE"/>
        <receiver android:exported="true" android:name="com.startapp.sdk.adsbase.remoteconfig.BootCompleteListener">
            <intent-filter>
                <action android:name="android.intent.action.BOOT_COMPLETED"/>
            </intent-filter>
        </receiver>
        <service android:directBootAware="true" android:exported="false" android:name="androidx.room.MultiInstanceInvalidationService"/>
        <service android:exported="false" android:name="com.google.android.datatransport.runtime.backends.TransportBackendDiscovery">
            <meta-data android:name="backend:com.google.android.datatransport.cct.CctBackendFactory" android:value="cct"/>
        </service>
        <service android:exported="false" android:name="com.google.android.datatransport.runtime.scheduling.jobscheduling.JobInfoSchedulerService" android:permission="android.permission.BIND_JOB_SERVICE"/>
        <receiver android:exported="false" android:name="com.google.android.datatransport.runtime.scheduling.jobscheduling.AlarmManagerSchedulerBroadcastReceiver"/>
        <activity android:enabled="false" android:exported="false" android:launchMode="singleInstance" android:name="com.google.android.play.core.missingsplits.PlayCoreMissingSplitsActivity" android:process=":playcore_missing_splits_activity" android:stateNotNeeded="true"/>
        <activity android:enabled="false" android:exported="false" android:name="com.google.android.play.core.common.PlayCoreDialogWrapperActivity" android:stateNotNeeded="true" android:theme="@style/Theme.PlayCore.Transparent"/>
        <service android:enabled="false" android:exported="true" android:name="com.google.android.play.core.assetpacks.AssetPackExtractionService">
            <meta-data android:name="com.google.android.play.core.assetpacks.versionCode" android:value="11000"/>
        </service>
        <service android:enabled="false" android:exported="false" android:name="com.google.android.play.core.assetpacks.ExtractionForegroundService"/>
        <provider android:authorities="com.toolbox.ff.skin.tool.free.FlurryContentProvider" android:exported="false" android:name="com.flurry.android.agent.FlurryContentProvider"/>
        <meta-data android:name="com.android.vending.splits.required" android:value="true"/>
        <meta-data android:name="com.android.stamp.source" android:value="https://play.google.com/store"/>
        <meta-data android:name="com.android.stamp.type" android:value="STAMP_TYPE_DISTRIBUTION_APK"/>
        <meta-data android:name="com.android.vending.splits" android:resource="@xml/splits0"/>
        <meta-data android:name="com.android.vending.derived.apk.id" android:value="2"/>
    </application>
</manifest>

Taifun

Then show us an example:

• Name the app (example name: X) and post a link to app X.
  • Name the packageName of the app X.
  • Have App X save a file to a foreign App Y's ASD.
  • Show us the state of app Y's ASD before saving and after.

And if - from your point of view - this has been successful - decompile the APK and post the Manifest of App X and Y as well.

So it appears to be a stripped down version of the FB app. The current (valid) FB app should be requesting far more permissions. Anyway, I’ve never worked with FB and definitely won’t.

hello taifun, sorry but what do I do with that

:question:

I told you what you can / should do:

I have not been able to do it from my app, but if I know of apps that do it, they are not mine but they are on google play,
I send you the link of the app? .
the manifest that I uploaded is from the app that does work for it.

Then install one of those apps (app: X) and try it on your device.
Try to save a file by app X to the ASD of app Y.

After that, post screenshots of both ASDs (app X and Y, before & after saving).

Is that really that hard to understand.

See e.g. here:

As @TimAi2 just told me, he tested it and some File manager apps seem to be able to do it after MANAGE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE is granted.

But a “normal” user/app developer usually won’t be able to create an app that requests this permission and will be accepted by Goggle.

This is the app that is on google play. mine is for personal use I’m not interested in putting it on google play I just want it to work for me and some friends.
:point_down:t6:

this is the permission that it asks for when starting the app in android 11 in 10 it doesn’t ask for it

manifest

I think you must open the folder (of the foreign ASD) with a FileManager to paste a file there. So it seems it seems to be a combination of MANAGE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE permission & SAF.

Therefore, as I said, there is no way to save a file directly to another app’s ASD.

Here we have it now again officially from Google itself:

As I said:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.