Create PDF file Extension. Layout to PDF

@juananton1991 I didn’t find this block in your extension

Annotation 2020-06-24 090139

When Added Page Function Block

In live testing it works well. But After exporting its apk, pdf is not being downloaded.

I need convert Web View to PDF.

But output PDF has only 1 Page Only.

How to add Multiple Pages in PDF from Single URL WebView

This PDF that was created I can get it and share???

Yes you can open the PDF through this extension as well as share the PDF file using Sharing component

how to store a created pdf file into Tiny db?

Convert pdf file to String with Base 64 extension

http://kio4.com/appinventor/277_extension_imagen_string.htm

1 Like

Thank you for this awesome extension. I am using this to convert web view component into pdf but the click function is not working. If it can be clickable it will be very helpful for me and others. Thank you.

@juananton1991
Friend, I’m using your extension, but I can’t print the whole page …

I tried it as is as it is in your image and it did not work for me.

What should I do if I want to send the pdf to firebase or airtable for saving?

hey @kentleow1496 use cloudinary upload the file to cloudinary and save the returned url in firebase

The created PDF file size is too high, I created a page file still created a file size of 20MB, Plz help me with how to decrease this file size.
I want to convert the image to pdf format.
Thanks.

1 Like

but i dont have sdcard inserted in my phone, because my phone memory is enough then how can i store that generated file in /storage/emulated/0/myfolder directory? its internal storage…how to do that?

if someone is talking about an sdcard, then usually always the internal (emulated) sdcard is meant…

It would really help if you provided a screenshot of your relevant blocks, so we can see what you are trying to do, and where the problem may be.

To get an image of your blocks, right click in the Blocks Editor and select “Download Blocks as Image”. You might want to use an image editor to crop etc. if required. Then post it here in the community.

Taifun

here are my blocks
according to this pdf file should be created in MyApp folder but it is not

try /MyApp/123.pdf
and you better use the ASD - application specific directory to store files…
which Android version are you using for your tests?

Taifun

1 Like

but ASD only work on mobiles having android 10 and above… my test device have android 11 but app is going to run on kitkat 4.4 . if i use ASD functions for now and at the time of giving to client use nonASD function then it would work?

Download new version if this extension
there is a block to know whether the device is running on android 10 or below it
I don’t know if it’s available on kodular or not but you can look it up here Create PDF file Extension. Layout to PDF - Extensions - MIT App Inventor Community

getAsdPath() returns storage/emulated/0/Android/data/io.makeroid.companion/files but but storage/emulated/0/Android/data directory is empty no io.makeroid.companion folder is present there

If you have Android<10, use the Create, AddPage and Finish blocks.
The pdf file will be saved in /mnt/sdcard (or /storage/emulated/0/)
[you can also change the directory, for example Download/my_file.pdf]

If you have Android>= 10 use the Create10, AddPage10 and Finish10 blocks, the file will be saved in /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/‘namepackage’/files/

(*) You can use the blocks: Create10, AddPage10 and Finish10 for all versions of Android.

Ejemplo_PDF.aia (32.6 KB)

2 Likes