Creating a Custom Search Bar

Dear i also created custom title bar and tried @Fabio method but it’s not working :pensive:

@Yasir_Shakoor
Just a rough Idea

1.Create a custom title bar using Horizontal and vertical arrangements.
2.Then add a search button in it
3.When the button is clicked show a textbox to enter the desired value.
4.Take a timer component.
5.Make a list of the contents you have(I’m talking about list not listview)
6.every 100 ms check the condition, which item contains text of your search textbox.
7.Make those them visible that satisfied the condition

1 Like

Will try… Thank you very much for your response

That app was created with Android studio !

2 Likes

Thanks for confirmation… BTW is here any developer who can make search bar for filter…:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Your method is good for a small list.
@Yasir_Shakoor you can try this.I had created this to use with ColinTreeList View.

6 Likes

Will it work bro?

Yes.It will.
Try atleast onetime.

1 Like

Thank you bro very much. It helped me, God bless you and your family. Actually i was doing something wrong. But i have one problem still.

Searchbarproblem.mp4 (1.5 MB)

When i click on search icon it shows all icons that i don’t want, i want to show only those icons which I write.

Just hide list before search.And after click on search clear list and then continue your process by setting list visible.

1 Like

Sorry bro, i don’t understand:cry: Can you show me blocks?

Hey bro… Check it please @vknow360 you also please

I used these blocks :point_down::point_down::raised_hands:

Use this method:-
Screenshot_2019-06-05%20Kodular%20Creator(2)

I have did all activity in text changed block so it shows duplicate component

Then try my method.
The benefit of using my method is that it can be used for 250+ elements.

2 Likes

I have created a search bar in my app. I have used Material icons for the search icon and here are the blocks for searching

I have checked all the text from the textbox, you can also check each keyword one by one from the list.

@Aditya_Singh Your method is good.
But no need to use ’ if component ’ unless you have more than one textbox.
Why are you setting ColinTreeList View when no result found.You are just increasing app size.
And the big one problem… app will stop if you have a large list because function will first check list and then create elements list and then set list.Use ’ add element ’ block.

Can you show me your app?

You can use ColinTree’s AutoCompleteBox extension for that. You will only see the results which starts with text you typed. (like Google’s search box).

You can find download link and sample here:
https://aix.colintree.cn/en/extensions/AutoCompleteBox.html

4 Likes

Thank you very much bro