CustomWebView : An extended form of Web Viewer

OMG its owsm extension
@vknow360 :heart_eyes: >3000

3 Likes

Is it working now?

3 Likes

Yes it works.
But I have never tried to compare it with content height returned from js.
So I can’t be sure.

2 Likes

With html content

2 Likes

Sorry…I am unable to understand.

I think Discourse is not working correctly as I am not getting notification for this topic even I am author (i.e. I am watching this topic)

5 Likes

As I said at the other topic, this is an amazing extension that will help me a lot. And I am not the only one with a browser app or another kind of app that will like the exclusive options of your extensions. I am sure when more people know about it many people will be using it and all of us will be thankful to you for this great work.

I really think I don’t diserve any thanks, but thank you for thanking me :joy: it feels good imagine that I could motivate you at least a little.

You can be sure in the next few days I will test your extension as much as I can and if I find any bug I will tell you.

Check this new webviewer extension @techcvr , @Xoma , @fastearn00 , @saurav_shaw612 , @Vedang
Sorry to mention you all but I know you guys have projects that can make a great use of it.

8 Likes

Thank you for your precious suggestion.
After getting huge response I have added documentation for properties :+1:
Thank you everyone :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Nice extension :fire::fire::fire:

2 Likes

I downloaded via your miniurl but i get naked ladies in front of a camera. I don’t think that is what you want.

7 Likes

Sorry…I was not aware that MiniURL will do that.
I am sorry :disappointed_relieved:
I will replace that as soon as possible.

3 Likes

I tested your extension with my e-book template. Still have to do some more work.

I had to change and add some blocks. Now i have a search function also. I like your extension very much.

10 Likes

Thank you @Peter.
Your appreciation means a lot to me :heart_eyes:
Once again Thank you :heart:

4 Likes

In my e-book template i have a javascript that records the position on the html page. I tried to make it work with your extension but i wasn’t succeeding. Now i saw the webview string change block. When i want to use that to store the value it gives me a

runtime error with unbound location $value at the end.

3 Likes

Thank you.
I will try to fix it as soon as possible (at least 30 minutes mom shouting at me :sweat_smile: ) :heart_eyes:

But I have found the bug.It is just because of not running method/task on ui thread.

5 Likes

Is this also explaining why the webviewstrings isn’t working?

2 Likes

I have no idea about that :thinking:
Actually I have no knowledge of JavaScript :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

ChangeLog Version 2
Changes

• Fixed some spelling and grammar mistakes
  • Some internal changes

Bug Fixes

• Fixed bug in Web View String Change event

Thank you @Peter for reporting bug :heart:
Let me know if v2 works for you :wink:

5 Likes

ebook_template_cw.aia (296.7 KB)

No runtime error but still not working what i want. What the javascript does is that it is giving the scrollposition in the html to the webviewstring block. But it is still not working.

I can not save it and when i get a value it is always zero.

4 Likes

Hi @Peter
Can you try replacing AppInventor with Makeroid and Kodular?
If none of these works then issue/bug can be found easily.

2 Likes

Changed it to Kodular but start noticing other things. When i run my original template with the standard webviewer i can view the pages in the companion.

With you webviewer i have to compile the app.
so this doesn’t seem to work.

It gives a net::ERR_ACCESS_DENIED error.

It also looks that the css file is not used when displaying the html-file.

3 Likes