Daily Challenge #1

Since i liked the KodeJam so much i want to start a (almost) daily challenge. Everyone can enter a challenge.

There a three rules:

1. No asking for aia-files. :crazy_face:
  2. Only one challenge a day
  3. The title of the challenge topic should always be the same except the number should be increased by one.

My idea is that someone gives one solution to a challenge without telling the challenge.

Users who want to enter their solution have to identify the challenge and then make their version and post the blocks here.

No price, no reward, except the one that you have learned something new and that you had fun solving the challenge.

Let’s give it a try:

blocks11

This can be done much better. I have a different solution with more then 80 blocks less. I will post that tommorow.

Let’s see who takes up the challenge.

11 Likes

And I oop-

@Peter you really did go out of your way to write some spaghetti code there :joy:

5 Likes

But it works. :grin::nerd_face::crazy_face:

2 Likes

I’m trying to rewrite this, and I’m confused Peter.

What makes you confused? Do you recognize what the code is doing?

Yes I do, but it’s doing something else which I’m having much trouble mimicking :joy:. I’m moving on, I have to make functional extensions and fix my current bugs LOL

Does this do the job?

(It is totally untested :sweat_smile:, so do let me know if there are any bugs)

8 Likes

here is another solution
Unbenannt
Taifun

4 Likes

That’s not exactly what it should do but you are halfway there. :grin:

2 Likes

I got it…
If letter is in lowercase then it will be uppercase and so on.
:grin:

3 Likes

This is the one i made. Didn’t want to use the split blok in the example because it could give things away. Almost the same as @Vishwas procedure. Putting it in a procedure is much better. I will do that for the next challenges.

5 Likes

this method can work in detecting foul word, by creating a list of bad words like @Peter do… correct if im wrong with my expectation

1 Like

I don’t think so.
The procedure basically just flips the case of all characters in a given text. So “HeLLo wOrlD” becomes “hEllO WoRLd”

7 Likes

ok :wink: … another try…

Taifun

7 Likes

It was only 1/3 solution, because the three types of texts (by case) are

• downcase - WORKS

• UPCASE - DOES NOT WORK

• bLeNdED - DOES NOT WORK

Edit: Considered again and got why you was saying halfway solution: there is 50% chance a character gets into its opposite case.

4 Likes

‏Well, this is another way … I’m sorry to use other AI because I don’t have a computer now and I also had trouble logging in by phone.

‏But I insisted that I enter the challenge

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.