Date Picker not getting updated

Hi, I’m using DatePicker in my App, but upon selecting a date, it is not getting displayed in the UI, why is that?

The same is also happening with ListPicker. The Selected Item isn’t getting displayed as the Text for the Component.

Plz Help…

It would really help if you provided a screenshot of your relevant blocks, so we can see what you are trying to do, and where the problem may be.

To get an image of your blocks, right click in the Blocks Editor and select “Download Blocks as Image”. You might want to use an image editor to crop etc. if required. Then post it here in the community.

Taifun

No blocks to show, just included the components from the User Interface Pallete.

For List Picker, 1, 2, 3 arre mentioned in the ElementsFromString Property.

Sorry, I do not know, what you are talking about

Taifun

Just have put the List Picker and Date Picker on the Screen inside a Horizontal Arrangement.

For Date Picker, only the Text Property is changed to Select Date.

Anf for the List Picker, Elements From String is set to 1, 2, 3 and Text is set to Select Class…

Now, when the user taps on these components, they get open up and the user can select an Element from the List Picker and a Date from the Date Picker.

But even after this, the text of both these components doesn’t change. I want them to change as per the User Selection…

Set the text in the blocks… nothing is done automatically without you doing it in the blocks

Taifun

blocks (6)

Done, Still nothing happens, the text of the List Picker remains Select Class :frowning:

Read the documentation to find the correct property

Protip: try the Text property

Taifun

Okay, but what about Date Picker, How to set its Text to the Selected Date…?

do the same… check the documentation, find the correct property and set it using blocks
Taifun

I set the Text of the Date Picker to its Instant, but it’s giving me a Java.util error :frowning:

It would really help if you provided a screenshot of your relevant blocks, so we can see what you are trying to do, and where the problem may be.

To get an image of your blocks, right click in the Blocks Editor and select “Download Blocks as Image”. You might want to use an image editor to crop etc. if required. Then post it here in the community.

Taifun

blocks (1)

There you go…

What is an instant?
you can find the answer here

after reading that guide, you then might want to use some other properties to get the value you are looking for… which date format are you looking for? for example YYYY-MM-DD?

Taifun

1 Like