Declare Storage Permissions in the Manifest

Wondering how you defined android:maxSdkVersion="29" considering there’s no annotation member for this in App Inventor.

1 Like

Not working. Still The same issue

Post the APK.

WRITE is still declared only up to API 29 (Android 10).

Read my answers carefully

1 Like

Thanks
Now whats the solution?

See e.g. here:

2 Likes

No solution even after this update

The bugs regarding WRITE permission on Android 11+ has not been fixed with the Fenix 1.5.6 update.

This has nothing to do with my extension.

Hello ma’am, can you please show us where to set these blocks. We are not getting it. Is it just need to insert in the app only??

Upload this extension in to your project then drag into designer part. Thats all

1 Like

Thankx @bodymindpower!!!

4 posts were split to a new topic: How to blur an image

Hi!
I need help.

I downloaded the component, but I don’t know how to use it. Where should I connect it.

1 Like

Same question here. Wondering what to solve this error

1 Like

Is there any news about an update that fixes this issue?

The first time I got the 908 message, I modified the manifest by removing the line: android:maxSdkVersion="29" and it worked for a while, but now when I compile the maxSdkVersion no longer appears in the manifest, instead it appears: <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE"/> and I still get error 908.

Do you have issues with the file component? Or when exacrtly do you get the 908 eror?

see this tip here

Taifun

1 Like

Many thanks, I will read the post. The error appears as soon as I open my app. It won’t let me proceed. The problem is that I can’t make updates or improvements because no matter what I do, error 908 reappears.

this is the last configuration I used

Which Android version are you using on your test device?
Is this the original manifest after building the app or did you modify it?
What happens, if you remove the AskForPermission block from the Screen.Initialize event?
Which components and extensions are you using in your project? The file component?

Taifun

1 Like

is Android 14 Version

Is this the original manifest after building the app or did you modify it?

**I just created a new test app where I replicated my first window (Screen 1) of the app with problems and it throws me 908.

I share the blocks

And the original manifest without changes**

What happens, if you remove the AskForPermission block from the Screen.Initialize event?

I started by testing without declaring the permission in the Screen.Initialize event

when exactly?

it does not look like the screenshot is from Screen1, is it?

you might want to switch screens correctly… How to switch screens correctly

it looks like you are using the web image and notifier components as well as the Shell extension
anything else?

without asking for that permission… you declare permissions in the manifest…

where is the image stored you are displaying? in the assets? somewhere else? did you define this in the designer? as test you might want to remove the image component…
in Android 14 the permission READ_MEDIA_IMAGES might be required

Taifun