[Discontinued] Background Tasks [4.1] πŸ₯³

Okay, also the variable values will remain constant throughout the process (reminder).

Did you try it with like a small time first?

I will try to explain my process
User picks a time
It is set to variable
timer is set to fire every 20s
When the timer fires if extrafuntions finds out current time = user choosen time
Notification is fired

So if variable is static I will have to use the interpret code directly on function??

Well, maybe not needed. There is an easier way.
Edit: You just can’t check every second if the time is the user set time. It may be inaccurate.

Please wait some time.

User set time is HH:MM
I get same format using interpret code

new java.text.SimpleDateFormat("HH:mm").format(new java.util.Date())

Going into such a complected process is just a bad idea :upside_down_face:

Screenshot 2021-07-13 at 22-57-02 Kodular Creator

You can directly input milliseconds as the latency (or the remaining milliseconds from the data/time).
This will just be accurate :wink:

Just create a notification function and call it, β€œA quick reminder” and it’ll be enough :grin:

Anyway, in the upcoming update there will be just more possibilities :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

The structure of things like variables will/maybe be changed including many other things in the next upcoming update which will make it easy. I am currently working on it! :grinning:

I have my classes started, maybe I will not be online all time as I am now.
For a quick response, you could contact me on Telegram. (Note: this is not any personal info :wink:)

1 Like

I don’t use to have money there but I will try to make a payment to you using credit card there. Send me your paypal via dm pls

1 Like

EveryDay on same time

That will need a periodic timer. (Possible in the next update).

Hi, maybe post the blocks directly?

1 Like

Thank you so much. Anyway I will keep trying stuff.

1 Like

Reproductor_back.aia (1.3 MB)

Here is the correct aia file @Favin_Romo. The extension you were using in the project was outdated. Everything looked fine.

Yeah, doing some tests with it :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Hi all, is there any suggestions about the extension?

Improve it to make it easy with fewer blocks or any other way you would recommend for creating functions, components else any better way of doing things…?

Hi. Have you added periodic background task service yet? The task restarts after about 10 minutes on my phone as it gets killed by the system. The issue i found is that if you have a click with higher than 10 minutes timer interval then the function will not be executed because after restart the timer will start again. It will never reach like 15 minutes. This is why periodic task would be great.

1 Like

Yeah sure :wink:

That is because the current extension also stops other activities like (e.g. player) when it receives a signal that it’s going to be killed. Have tested this and confirm it, will be fixed in the next update :+1:

It wasn’t the case in the earlier versions of the extension, until you stop the service and kill the app completely then only it did the work.

And a note that in Android, the minimum periodic interval is 15 minutes after the Android Oreo 8 version just to save system resources.

Also see:

Next version is expected to be released in one-two a week.

Yes, I am aware of the minimum 15 minutes restriction. I haven’t tested the 3.3A yet I am still using the 3.2A which works well as long as the timer interval less than 10 minutes. Anything over 10 will never gets executed because of the restart of the task. So if you want more than 10 minutes intervals you will need periodic background service.

1 Like

It’s the Android service killing the service. Necessary changes will be made in the next update.

1 Like

Reproductor_back(1).aia (1.3 MB)

Hey, the attachment got broken for some reason, try this one.

1 Like

Hi,

I am trying to read the incoming SMS using texting component and using text to speech component to read it out aloud. It seems to be not working.

here are the blocks I am using

Any thoughts on where I am going wrong?

Thanks in advance

Yeah, let me know the result!

They are correct! You should try it now :upside_down_face:

Which device are you using and the android version?

I am using Samsung Note 8 - Android 9.

Okay, so now, call a function called β€œInitialize” on the texting component.