Does FireBase not accept a Caption as (tag)?

See the beautiful reasoning of @Chirubot

I was trying to add values directly. That is, my tag was, literally, my caption.

Now my tag is the Firebase tag itself. I show the Bucket and compare my Legend with the Firebase tag.

The algorithm now adds values with the Firebase tag. This is brilliant.

I don’t think I will receive any more errors. Thank you for your concern.

2 Likes

Hey, why you are storing create empty list? Doing so, your tag will not be created and hence, you will get error. You can’t store empty value in a tag.

1 Like

@golumaths100
That was one part of the solution of the problem,
If we do not store an empty list then, the firebase will not accept as a list.
He wants to append to the list, so I am clarifying that if the values is empty I will create an empty list so that the firebase understands that this tag is a list.

I have been using this method without any errors

1 Like

Yes. It stores an empty list, there is no value, or adds it if there is a value. It’s working perfectly.

The cool thing about the solution was to use the Firebase tag itself.

2 Likes

It stores the empty list at the first only, then it will not store again. After creating the empty list it goes on appending the item.

If I had not added if block to check if the value is empty it would remove the previous value every time the user clicks fortunately I have added that block.

2 Likes

Ahhhaa… I understood how it works. Thanks for the explanation. Now I can also use the same procedure. :relieved:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.