Download an APK to App-Specific Directory (ASD) and install it without permissions

@bodymindpower
I have now tested v.6 of your extension provided.

It works without any complications when compiling. It downloaded and started the installation like it should :+1: :clap:

Thank you :blush:

1 Like

I added also two new blocks now, so you can check if the APK is already downloaded (exists) and you can delete it again.

I’ll release this version then tomorrow.

2 Likes

Just done.

1 Like

Try now, might be it will work now with both extensions​:+1:

This also includes @Alex :blush:

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

i am installing apk in app .
i have test it on adroid 6 its working great,
but same method dose not working in android 11 ,
please help
Capture

are you using the latest version 6 of the extension?
Taifun

Yes i am using latest version ,
Also i am downloading same application apk file and trying to install it .
Is this method cause error ?

Hi. Could it be that on Android 6 the path E-billing will be created automatic if not exists, but on Android 11 not?

I use Android 11 on both phones and have no problem with install after download.

Tried to download directly to ASD and see if that works?

Apk download successfully in ASD , in both android versions 6 and 11.
But when i use install that apk , it installed successfully on Android 6 but not even open in android 11

Are you downloading same application in asd and then installing it ?
Or you are downloading another application?

Actually tried both. And both works fine for me.

Edit: Have you tried to download the APK manually to phone with Android 11 to see if it actually starts install when you open file?

Yes after download in asd , i tried to install with extension in android 11 but nothing happens, then i manually install it and get successfully installed

@bodymindpower any solution for me ??

Kodular does not declare
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.REQUEST_INSTALL_PACKAGES"/>
in the Manifest (like AI2 does). So added it now to the extension:

Try this one: de.bodymindpower.installApk.aix (11.2 KB)

2 Likes

thanks it is working now

Good afternoon,

Can you help me with this error?

Hi! I’m a beginner, I made these blocks that after downloading the apk via webviewer, it opens the folder where it was saved, I would just like to implement it by opening a download folder, after downloading it go to installation. someday?

Its working, I will to test the new version because in plays console, probllem with InstalPackage

hi anke, i am trying to use your extension. What I want to do is this: After the file is loaded, I want to ensure that the installation is completed without the “install” button for the installation. Is this possible?