EACCES (Permission denied), TaifunImage extension

/storage/emulated/0/DCIM/Camera/IMG_20211021_125641994.jpg: open failed: EACCES (Permission denied)

I tried to set the permission of “android.permission.CAMERA” although I do not take the photos, because I only choose them from the gallery. Does this problem have a solution?

Thanks in advance

You must request READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE permission.

(Note: The permission android.permission.CAMERA only has to be requested to grant access to the Camera).

3 Likes

Hello, thank you very much for your help, I put this permission in this way in the initialize block, but it still doesn’t work for me; it shows me the same permission denied error when rotating an image with the extension of taifun.

imagen

Choose them with what (ImagePicker or …)? And are you sure that image exists? Show all relevant blocks.

1 Like

I use ImagePicker. If it exists because it shows it to me in a preview image that I put so that later the user can rotate it and then when rotating it it removes the image and tells me that permission is denied.

Here I show the blocks that are related to this process of the taifunImage extension:

imagen

imagen

imagen

Yes, there seems to be a bug with @Taifun’s Image extension.
Use this:

grafik

Yes, the image extension needs an adjustment for SDK30…
Taifun

1 Like

I understand, I will try

Ok friend, we look forward to a prompt update. If you can also communicate through this post better :grinning: I’m a fan of your extensions, they help a lot and I think I’m not the only one who thinks the same :call_me_hand:

I now updated the image extension… you can download it in the Download section here App Inventor Extensions: Image | Pura Vida Apps

starting with version 5 you can only manipulate images in the ASD - application specific directory…
if it is not there, you first have to copy it to the ASD…
see example project below

pickImageAndRotate.aia (63.8 KB)

let me know, if it works for you now…
Taifun

2 Likes

… and did you try it?

Hello, I will try both methods. In a while I had them which worked for me or whether they both work.

Now I save this error:

Taifun…

I have a question, so far in my project I have 13 extensions and well with the file extension it would be 14, how much is the maximum number of extensions that you recommend or if I go over the maximum. Does the amount influence the weight of the app? Does the number of extensions influence the flow of the app?

imagen

I’m sorry, maybe I didn’t understand what you tried to do in:

imagen

SOLUTION:

imagen

hahahaha, sorry.

there is no maximum… I have seen projects with around 50 extensions and they worked fine… only the app size will increase the more extensions you use…

btw. you also can use the file component to copy files…

Taifun

1 Like

Thanks for your contribution taifun, you help me a lot. just like all the people who answer the publications that are published every day.

1 Like