Error for read a text from file

Before the fenix update, I was using these blocks to after downloading a text file read the text contained in that file. but after the update, this results in error 2101 (file could be found). What I have to do?
(i’m not using the app via companion.)

they are kodular blocks, not extensions. it’s only in portuguese

show us a Do it result of the path you are trying to use
use Do it to debug your blocks, see also tip 4 here App Inventor: How to Learn | Pura Vida Apps
see also Live Development, Testing, and Debugging Tools
Taifun

1 Like

before the replace blocks the file path is: /storage/emulated/0/Download.test.txt
after: file:///Download/test.txt

but this error happens in companion and in compiled apk. and the file is successfully downloaded to device. i dont undestand, before the fenix uptade its works

this is not a valid path
the file component uses relative paths, i.e. try the following
/Download/test.txt

Taifun

same error…

before the update I used it like this and it worked, after the update it stopped working, so I tried to use the “file://”

That can certainly be solved easily if we knew what exactly it is about. Which Android version? And post a test aia with English blocks.

the user provides a direct link from a .txt file, the application downloads it and reads the content. I’m using Android 10.
so, i made this aia example, error persist to me:
exemple_bug.aia (2.3 KB)

and the blocks

look, the problems isnt permissions, my cellphone ask the permissions when i click the download button

Yes, the Download component still downloads to /storage/emulated/0/Download/ also on Android > 9 devices. But the File component cannot read from this path / location (but only from the ASD for devices with Android > 9).

So download to the ASD using my extension:

Thank you very much!!, will previous android versions still work with this method?

Maybe you should add an input in the completed download block, like this:

that way it would avoid reading wrong files as when saving a file with the same name it adds a number at the end (example: test.txt → test-1.txt) but that’s just a suggestion. Thank you again!! :slight_smile:

On all Android versions:

2 Likes

5 posts were split to a new topic: How to download a file without overwriting previous file?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.