Extension to download file(s) to ASD (app-specific directory) without WRITE permission

Okay, i will send you now via PM
yes i tried to find out the link of the extension to share here with you, but when i click on info of that extension it show the broken link.

Please check your messages for the aia file

Nice one…

But, I am trying to download the latest file and there is no way to overwrite the file already downloaded. it just created another file as filename-1.jpg.
Can I use the file component to delete. Will the app need WRITE Permission for this?

Thanks in afvance

Mohan

ASD no need write permission

Somehow, the file component delete did not work

blocks (1)

using in companion. Do I have to change some here for companion?

Mohan

needs / uses a relative path, see also here:

Download the file only if it doesn’t exist.

I am using this to download the image to use in share component.
Everytime the image could be different depending on what the user selects to share. Hence, I have to overwrite the image.

What’s the problem if this file (image) already exists? Or does this image exist with the same file name and different content? If so, just delete this file before starting the download.

For the url parameter in the DownloadtoASD block, can’t we use a variable instead of writing the url in a text block. I get the following error by using a global variable as url to download a file (the variable contains the url in text form). I tried a url with text form and it works fine. Correct me if my method is wrong or is there an alternative to use variable?
This works fine:

This gives the below mentioined error:
blocks (1)
WhatsApp Image 2021-10-08 at 4.10.40 AM

yes of course

make sure, the value of that global variable is a correct url… according to the eror message it looks like the value of that variable was an empty string…

what about using Do it to debug your blocks?
see also tip 4 here App Inventor: How to Learn | Pura Vida Apps
see also Live Development, Testing, and Debugging Tools

Taifun

2 Likes

Thank you for pointing it out. It did solve my problem.

1 Like

where the call block

Welcome to the community!
Unfortunately your question is unclear… please elaborate…

Taifun

1 Like

From your extension - Hide notification not working and I want to hide this. And also you providing version 2 instead of version 3 in the link which is for version 3

Please check it again

It’s working fine.

It’s the third version of the extension, but the second version of the
notifHidden variant.

It’s not working in Kodular Fenix… I checked this and then told you here. Please check yourself.

It works fine with Kodular Fenix.

I checked it on Android 11 and 9 as well.

1 Like

Ok, now it’s working…

And one more thing

I want to show a downloading progress bar in percentage value But how can I do this using ASD.

Then let us know why it didn’t work before and why I had to answer multiple times unnecessarily.