Extension to download file(s) to ASD (app-specific directory) without WRITE permission

@bodymindpower I think the bug is due to notification visibility as I found something like my bug

Ok, you should have mentioned that you have used this version

So try to add this in the Manifest:

Problem Solve after dragging download component as download component declare this permission already.

Why can’t I check if the file exits although the file is already downloaded?

The result is false

I got the same result. The build-in file component has a bug i think. Use the FileTools extension instead.

Your blocks should work on devices with API < 29 (Android 9 and below).
On devices with Android ≥ 10 try this:

The following blocks work without permissions and on all Android versions from API 19 (Android 4.4 / KitKat):

Yes, but not in this case.

Note: The File component still requests WRITE / READ permissions saving / reading to / from the ASD. → @pavi2410

Why make it so complicated? Extremely not friend to beginners.

Is it really that complicated? I do not think so.
This is due to the File component, which redirects the path to the ASD on devices with Android ≥ 10. If the File component is used, there is no other way than the one I’ve shown.

Of course you can also use the TaifunFile or FileTools extension. But these are not (yet) completely adopted to the new Kodular file architecture (so there may be problems with Companion).

1 Like

I use Taifun files extension to check file exists and it works amazing in all android and in companion also

No, see e.g. here (tested on Android 9):

1 Like

Because the path to the assets for Companion has changed for the second time:

/storage/emulated/0/AppInventor/assets/
/storage/emulated/0/Makeroid/assets/

and now (for devices with API < 29):

/storage/emulated/0/Kodular/assets/

What about Asd ? Is taifun files works for all versions for asd

I have test taifun extension on ai2 test server. It was working for asd.

i asked for all android versions

Yes, I think so, because this path has not been changed (it still uses Makeroid for the packageName).

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Hi I’m trying to delete file apk instead of clearing cache. it’s not working

Show your blocks.

I read here and found the solution…:grin:

This permission is now declared in the Manifest:

<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.DOWNLOAD_WITHOUT_NOTIFICATION" />

with the new version of my extension:
DownloadToASD_notifHidden2.aix (7.6 KB)
Note : Use this version of the extension only if you don’t want a notification while / after downloading.

2 Likes