[F/OS] - Dynamic Components Extension (for every component) 2.3.0

this was the procedure, you can see all the posts about this above the picture you replied me.

Hello thereā€¦
I :heart: this extensionā€¦

But but but nowā€¦

Kodular new update is releasedā€¦and as per that extention should be supported AndroidXā€¦
Otherwise application keeps crashingā€¦

Please update this extention as soon as possibleā€¦

Androidx migration isnā€™t necessary for all extensions. It is only for those extension that contain support library part. But this extension isnā€™t made with any library so it donā€™t need to be migrated to androidx as it is based on reflection.

2 Likes

does text length will work in schema?

No. You need to get it worked with blocks

No effect of Fenix on this extension. Working fine.

how to use external extension in json schema?

please add create extension block.

You can already create extension components dynamically with Create block along with built-in components, just get the component block of the extension (you need to add the extension to the Screen first) and put it in the componentName parameter.

4 Likes

Please share a example block imageā€¦

how to create extension in json schema?

Removing a container component, will its child components be removed also?

Their child components will be hidden from screen, however their IDā€™s wonā€™t be removed. So if you want to use same ID later, you need to remove child components first.

1 Like

I want to repeat this for MIT Appathon 2021 for in case if thatā€™s required:

I, Yusuf Cihan as the author of the Dynamic Components Extension, grant that the extension included in this project is free and that MIT has a non-exclusive irrevocable license to republish the extension as part of the project file for the purposes of the MIT App Inventor Appathon 2021.

3 Likes

Is new version of Kodular supports the Dynamic Extension ?

Yes supports.

how to use Asynchronous Image Loader

Any way to solve the problem

Hello Yusuf.
Thanks for your great Dynamic Component Extension. I use it in AppInventor 2. Really one of the best AI2 extensions I know so far.
Iā€™m on my way making an app jff. Here I create dynamically from scheme widgets confirming text fields, buttons and at least a picture. Nothing really special.
Everythings seems to work well, but at the number of 18 created scheme widgets, the app crashes.
Can you tell me, is there any limitation regarding the DynamicComponents extension?
Second issue I detected, belongs to deleting of scheme widgets. You have to delete every component of the scheme widget seperately, not only the parent widget otherwise they still will exist and there will be an error when creating a new scheme widgetā€¦
Please tell me, if that is right or am I doing something uncommon?

Again I appreciate your work .

The error is caused due to the GetId block. The component is not created dynamically thatā€™s why itā€™s returning null.
You should always check the component is dynamic or not. You can use this block to check.