[F/OS] Image Loader - Extension for image loading and caching

Update Version 5

New Methods

For more information about those methods read the first post above.

Enjoy! :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Many many thanks to you! Nice work.

3 Likes

Wow thank you very much :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I have one question, can be use this extension to show image in screen background image.

1 Like

yes use this block

3 Likes

i have a Little Doubt,

i watched a video on YouTube showing on First Run the App Loads images from Airtable then for the Second Run he stored the images in Device Storage using Component To Image Extension.
Using Taifun Tools Extension he checks whether the images are in Storage or not.
if it is then he use from Storage.
Else he calls Data from Airtable.

So, my Question is whether this Extension will work faster or that Video method.

My Vote is to this Extension.
But if @DevYB you can Clarify then it would be great.

One more Question,
if i have 10 image URL in Airtable and used this Extension to Load and Cache them
and if i added one more URL (11th) later, will the whole 11 images will be Loaded and Cached again or Only the 11th One.

1 Like

I don’t know about this video tutorial and I don’t know if my extension more faster, but I can just tell that the easy way is to use the extension.

No, only the new URL will be load and cached.

2 Likes

Means i Need to Test it.
Thats a Long Process. :disappointed:

Yes Very True. :cowboy_hat_face:

Thats Great. :heart_eyes:

ThankYou.

1 Like

I don’t think that is more faster, but you can test it and maybe post here the results.

No problem :slight_smile:

how can I call from cache?

if you mean how to Load images from cache.
Then you need not to do Anything.
Extension do it on it’s own.

And Don’t Disable these 2.
disk
memory

3 Likes

I have a google drive url which loads in webviewer but not in this extension, is there something i need to enable in my drive?

It must be a direct URL.

Sorry, I can’t help you because I am not familiar with Google Drive.

Edit:
I have found a way:
just load the image by using this URL https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id= PUT IMAGE ID HERE

3 Likes

Very good extension. You have implemented different functions which can be very helpful in image handling.

1 Like

Hi!
Thanks for the extension!

I am trying to use method ClearDiskCache but itÂŽs giving me an error message:

tempFileForShare_20200915-144940

The blocks are these:

When I close the main screen, I check if its another month (clean disk cache once a month) - so the unused files are erased.

Can you help me?

Try to remove close application or use ClearDiskCache in another place, not above and below the close application.

1 Like

Thanks for the fastest answer!!!

I put it on a button click, but still receiveing the same message.
I am using Async loading images.

1 Like

The message says that you never call any cache method, for example, LoadImage, LoadImageAsync.
So you call the ClearDiskCache method, but you have never call any method to cache images before.

In short, you want to clear the cache, but you never cached any image before, that’s why you see that error.

I’ll release a new update soon that hides that error message.

2 Likes

thank you!!!

This onProgress block/event is only working for LoadImage method. Can you add this for other methods also?