[F/OS] SharedDB - Store / Retrieve data between applications

No, As I said earlier.

Will the namespace and its key-value pairs get cleared after app uninstall?

1 Like

Yes. Like it happens in TinyDB.

1 Like

Hay SharedDB extension Developer. We know That TinyDB and SharedDB stored in in under root permission. I want to backup TinyDB or SharedDB to sd card and get restored as per requirement.

Is any alternative way to do this ? Using SharedDB ?
Is there any way to backup this data using “Titenium Backup” app ??

Is it possible to add (like tinydb)

How will App2(GET) know the packagename for App1(SET) without hardcoding…

as it has been said earlier, this mode is deprecated, see also Save key-value data  |  Android Developers

Caution: The MODE_WORLD_READABLE and MODE_WORLD_WRITEABLE modes have been deprecated since API level 17. Starting with Android 7.0 (API level 24), Android throws a SecurityException if you use them. If your app needs to share private files with other apps, it may use a FileProvider with the FLAG_GRANT_READ_URI_PERMISSION . For more information, also see Sharing Files

my guess is, this will not work anymore with the new Android file access restrictions in SDK30?
@Jaxparrow did you test it in MIT App Inventor, which already targets SDK30?

Taifun

1 Like

Correct:

1 Like

No, I didn’t test. Sure, I will implement alternate way of doing this and update the extension asap. Thanks for your information.

PS : This extension won’t be getting any update anymore since this workaround isn’t working on new devices. The source is on the first post. Feel free to check out if you want to learn more.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.