[FAQs] General questions about displaying Ads and getting the app approved

This topic aims to answers some of the common questions about serving ads in apps created with Kodular Creator.

To enable showing ads in the apps created with Kodular Creator, you have to get the app reviewed and approved by Kodular.
This is to ensure that your app is suitable for serving Ads.

How do I get the app approved ?

The process of getting the app approved is fairly simple. The steps are listed below.

1. Go to the Kodular Account site and sign-in using social-login or by providing credentials.

2. After signing in, from the left sidebar, select Creator and in the drop-down menu displayed, select Ads Panel.

3. Now, you should see your projects listed and its associated Status whether the app has been approved or not.

4. Select the Request Approval button for the app in which you would like to display the Ads.

5. A simple form will be displayed. Please fill out the form by providing details about the app, like what does the app do, what will be its usage, who will the app be targeted at(children, sports fans) etc.
    Please try to provide more details on the app and not deviate from its actual description.

6. After filling all the details, and submitting the form, it will shortly be reviewed by the Kodular team and the app Status will be updated.

My app has been approved, but still the ads are not showing.

There can be multiple reasons for the ads not showing.
Generally, it is helpful to use the Error Occurred event(s) of the components and examine the error message to find the exact cause of Ads not working.
The error messages are usually self-explanatory, but if you want any help, feel free to open a new topic on the community.

Before posting a topic, please do take a moment to read How to ask a question topic to know how to ask questions that will receive replies quicker.

I have the app on the Google Play Store. Does my app require approval for showing ads ?

No, apps published on Google Play store need not request for approval.

Ads are automatically shown when the app is installed from Google Play Store.

I have the app on the Google Play Store. But ads are not showing in the built APK.

If installed directly from an APK(while developing, perhaps) the ads might not be displayed.

Ads are shown automatically only when downloaded and installed through the Google Play Store.

Do I need to get the app approved again, if I import a saved .aia copy of the same app from my computer ?

Yes, you need to get the app reviewed and approved again.

What helps in getting my app approved faster ?

A clear description about the functionality of the app always helps.

If you have a topic about the app on the community or from elsewhere, including the link will also be helpful.

How long does it take for my app to be reviewed ?

Apps are typically reviewed within 2-10 days.
We try to review apps as quick as possible.
We thank you for your patience.

If you still have any queries, feel free to open a topic on the community.
Before posting a topic, please do take a moment to read How to ask a question topic to know how to ask questions that will receive replies quicker.

Happy Koding! :kodular:

13 Likes

Do you mean Ads are automatically shown when the app is installed from Google Play Store?

Yes, you don’t have to do anything, you only have to upload the apk on the PlayStore, you will see your ads.

1 Like

Ah, yes.
It was a typo.
Thank you @Nikthegreek for pointing it out. Updated now.

1 Like

I do not think App approval will take 2 - 10 days.
Because if you write description carefully and clearly then it can be approved within hours or maximum 1day.
But as more users are requesting approval it is increasing slowly.
Firstly my two apps were approved in five to seven hours but when I requested for approval last week it took almost one day for apprpval.
Overall this system is working great and also Kodular Staffs.:heart_eyes:

4 Likes