File generate in companion but not in reak apk

with the following block my pdf file ganerate in companion but not in real apk . what is missing? i have android 12 device
ONLY PDF IS GENERATE IN COMPANION

May it is generated and stored in ASD. Your aim is just move the pdf from ASD to outside

in apk i hav tested the file not creat not even the path show on lable
pls show me other idea even i can save the componnet as image then also fine

I have no android phone with version 11 so unable to suggest you but you can read their suggestions in community

You can’t create files in arbitrary directories anymore… use shared storage or ASD

Taifun

So what is the solution

Can’t we save pdf or image into mobile in our apps??

This is the solution

Taifun

Please show me blocks i never workd with shared storge or asd…

Try folder Download

or ask the author of the extension… where did you download the extension? Any link?

Taifun

that was deep host aix i used but now i got some other aix and it works shows pdf downloded in storage/emulated/0/android/data/myapppackage/files.pdf
now how to move this file in some other folder as i can not see this file in my file manger .

another proof why it is a good idea to not use his extensions

a good file manager (for example total commander) can see that file…

you always can use the file component to copy/move the file from ASD to shared storage, see also

Taifun

i think i am still not able to explain my question… i used mt manager and found that file save as pdf in my app’s asd…now my app user need to see this file then how can they ?? how can i make this file move and visible from asd to any visble folder this is my question. i tried taifun s file extension but it is not working for me

It would really help if you provided a screenshot of your relevant blocks, so we can see what you are trying to do, and where the problem may be.

To get an image of your blocks, right click in the Blocks Editor and select “Download Blocks as Image”. You might want to use an image editor to crop etc. if required. Then post it here in the community.

Taifun

you only can move/copy to shared storage for example /Download… read again the article I linked earlier
Taifun

When my app user click on any card view that componnet should convert into pdf and should save in their mobile storage and easily visibale to them in downlod or any other folder

these are not filenames, that’s the path to the ASD joined with .pdf, which does not result in a filename… what does Label5 display?
also the toFilename should be something reasonable, for example /Download/myFile.pdf

Taifun

Lable 5 show the path wher is that pdf file is …
So i want to move that file from asd path to other destination where it can b easily accessible.
Labale 5 is just for knowing the path.

I thoght >from file name to file name will move that file in another destination

what about providing an example of that text? you then can see, that it is not a correct filename

yes exactly… and both should be correct filenames…

Taifun

Okay now i got it…
thank u so much @Still-learning @Taifun @bodymindpower
You are doing fantastic work to guide non professional like us.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.