Filey: Encode and Decode Files

OK thank you :wink:

Which device and which Android version?

Actually, this path /storage/emulated/0 should work on all Android versions. I’ve tested this on dozen of devices and all versions of Android. Of course I don’t know the source code of this extension, but I can’t imagine that @vknow360 should have changed anything here compared to his other extensions.

1 Like

Actually this extension works with absolute file path.

Was on my Genymotion Emulator Android 9, running companion. Juan’s extension uses " / " and works fine. Tried that and file:///storage/emulated/0/file but neither worked…

Takes too much time.

One more reason the path /storage/emulated/0/ should work.

I don’t trust Genymotion and other emulators. I always test on real devices and don’t know of any device or Android version on which this path does not work.
And I’m still waiting for someone to find such a device. (I’m pretty sure there isn’t one.)

Genymotion Emulator Pixel 3XL Android 9 :smiley:

As I said, I am talking about real devices.

Can you check the external storage path using an appropriate extension?

On a (real) Pixel 2XL (Android 11 Beta):

/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/edu.mit...
works

Can you add a block to load Base 64 string to a Image component or layout backgrounds?
Asynchronously.

I used your fileTools extension to deliver the file path…getting Directories, then Files

Tested through companion on my Android 7 (real device) and /storage/emulated/0 and /mnt/sdcard both work. I don’t have a newer “real” device to test on.

I will think about this.

Strange :thinking:

2 Likes

Ran a few tests this morning.

/storage/emulated/0 is now working :smiley:

must have been some cruft laying around in the companion which has cleared itself.

How can i know which type of file is decoded?

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

When video file string then take too much time and hang my phone.
I want to download video from server and save it in chunk file.
Please guide me

I don’t think that’s possible.
Make sure you are using Filey extension.

@vknow360
First of all, thank you for this wonderful extension.
Hello, I am facing a problem. I want to convert the imported file from airtable, which is images URL to a string, then convert that string to a file and show in view Flapper setup so that the images work without the Internet. I paved the blocks but it did not work and I received an error message on the phone.
blocks is Wrong or can’t do this operation or he has to use tinydb

Is there a solution, and if it is the mass, please guide me to the correct one

1. You can’t encode a file from url.
  2. Neither, you can encode a list of image URLs.

And if you are going to download images, then you needn’t worry about internet availability.