Firebase Authentication issue

Hey guys, thanks for the responses!

@ImranTariq you’ve been SUPER helpful to me over the last few months. What I understood from some of the posts is that this is a Kodular issue, not from firebase.

I just wanted to make sure it was not something I was doing wrong.

Thanks @Vishwas I’ll wait and hope you guys can figure it out soon!

Thanks!

2 Likes

I understand they don’t own firebase, but they added support so that we could use the authentication system and secure our apps. That support is broken. MANY users have asked why they can’t use what they made to do what they said it will do and haven’t gotten a solution. It’s not device specific. Is it Google login? Do I need to change it to Email/Password? Are your instructions flawed? Are there other ones we should be following?

We have read the documentation, we have followed the Instructions, and we know the rules should be working.

Thank you for responding. Framing this as “our call” isn’t exactly fair to your users though. It’s currently not my decision to make my database publically readable/writeable, it’s the only way to make my app functional without creating a whole new database somewhere and figuring out how to access it with Kodular while also keeping the data secure. My app is fully functional and bug-free currently, I’m not really wanting to rework every screen in my app (I have quite a few) to use a new database.

This isn’t an app I’m creating in my spare time, this is a company app that is currently being used in the field. Luckily, I tightly control who uses the app and what devices it’s installed on. I would be very concerned if I didn’t.

I authenticate my users using Email/Password and it doesn’t work either.

Is there another database option? TinyWebDB is unsecure as well. I’m assuming that if you aren’t having any luck either, then I’m not doing it wrong.

You could use MySQL using some PHP scripts but I have no clue on how it works and in my opinion this is way off context of block coding, it souldn’t supposed to be mandatory to write code because many of us don’t know how to code, otherwise we would be using Android Studio, not Kodular.

1 Like

I didn’t mention the spreadsheets (e.g. Airtable and Google Sheets) because they are not a Database Management Systems, so in future if something goes down on Kodular and you need another application to read the data it could cause you a lot of pain.

I know a bit of C# and JS, so I could potentially use Android Studio with some refresher courses. The main reason I used a Blockly style IDE is that we are a small company and I’m really the only one with any coding experience (and it’s just scripting in Unity during my Game Design Days). I wanted to make it as easy as I could for anyone else to take over for me. Not being able to use firebase will significantly impact the upkeep of the app if I ever leave my current job.

1 Like

i am also a user of Kodular as same you are, and i am just trying to help others for as i know and i am Thankful to Kodular Team for giving this amazing platform to make apps for everyone. i hope soon you will get what you want…

2 Likes

Then we both are waiting for the Kodular staff to do what they need to do and fix their software. This isn’t a Google issue as they have provided instructions for getting an Android app to work with Firebase. I would check if it’s the absence of the additional code to the Gradle files that’s the problem. Is there a way to open a project in Android Studio, edit the Gradle file, and recompile as an apk to test that theory?

1 Like

Please be aware that there is currently an issue with Firebase Rules and authentication. It doesn’t appear that Firebase recognizes Kodular apps as authorized and any rules other than read/write = “true” seem to get you a permission denied error. They have told me that they are working on it.

1 Like

I m using it from last three days… No issue is there…

What rules are you using?

1 Like

Also, if you are uploading to the play store and use their signature system they will assign a new SHA-1 to the app. you can get that by going to your app on the play store and selecting App Signing under Release Management. That page will give you the SHA-1 you signed your upload with AND the SHA-1 that google used as well.

Hi @Alapjeet you are using secure rules on firebase and have no issues? We saw this with the Kodular staff and they told us they were aware of issues if read/write was not set to TRUE.

May be… But i have never faced any issue that’s why saying this @gopayarg
I m not opposing kodular team… But I am just sharing my experience…

Which is why I asked about your rules.
Are your firebase rules like this?

“.read”: “true”,
“.write”: “true”

If not, then knowing what yours are might help those of us that can’t seem to set rules.

Would you be willing to share with us how you set up the rules?

Thanks!

if you want to move the conversation to my post we can.

So we don’t take over @Jhow_Ws thread.

For authentication you don’t required such rules…
True & True.
@gopayarg & @GaryH

& I only make my data base readable not writeable…

1 Like