'Font size' tag not working in listView or Label

I set label2.text with ‘font size’ html tag as below (html format is on).
am I missing something because all other tags working

I do this with
grafik

1 Like

its not good enough if I want to control on different font size in the same label
like this: howareyou
and any way html format is on so it shoud work

1 Like

you have an extra space between <font size and = and after = another extra space,

nice catch. I did it but no change
I think its a bug because I put basic html tag

yes font size html is not working, else all working,

Doubt that it is a bug since we control it with this, through blocks or designer

1 Like

My meaning was that font size tag html isn’t functioning even after font size set in designer
i.e - I can set ‘text color’ from desginer but its not prevent from me to override it trough ‘font color’ html tag

I can confirm that

<font size="12">This is some text!</font> is not working.

It shows only the text This is some text!, and not the whole phrase, but font size doesn’t change.

Yes, maybe something like this might help:

<h1 style="font-size:300%;">This is a text</h1>
<h2 style="font-size:200%;">This is a text</h2>
<h3 style="font-size:100%;">This is a text</h3>
<h4 style="font-size:100%;">This is a text</h4>

This is a text

This is a text

This is a text

This is a text

grafik

But I’m not very familiar with html / css formatting.
https://www.w3schools.com/html/html_styles.asp

2 Likes

that are not working in app,

what is not working?

What @bodymindpower suggested works! :grinning: :blush:

<h1 font size="20">This is a heading</h1>
1 Like

you can find a list of the working tags in the documentation of the notifier User Interface Components - App Inventor for Android

• The messages in the dialogs (but not the alert) can be formatted using the following HTML tags:<b>, <big>, <blockquote>, <br>, <cite>, <dfn>, <div>, <em>, <small>, <strong>, <sub>, <sup>, <tt>. <u>
  • You can also use the font tag to specify color, for example, <font color="blue">. Some of the available color names are aqua, black, blue, fuchsia, green, grey, lime, maroon, navy, olive, purple, red, silver, teal, white, and yellow

Taifun

6 Likes

Yes header is working its better then nothing altough its not flexible as font size.

Ok the conclusion is that font size not supported, thanks for the list

2 Likes

Hi all. :sunglasses:

Wondering why ListView Font Size is not supported? :thinking: My list is unreadable if user has phone font size set to largest setting. And no, I don’t want to ask the user if I can change their settings. :expressionless: This code works just fine with labels and buttons, but crashes :confounded: when used with ListView Font Size:

Crashes with this error:

Attempt to invoke virtual method ‘float android.widget.TextView.getTextSize()’ on a null object reference

And it is not TaifunSettings that is causing the problem, I get the same crash if I simply try to display with a notifier:

Screenshot from 2020-11-09 13-23-36

Even a method to automatically increase vertical size of each list item (so all text is displayed) would be useful. :slightly_smiling_face:

Any help is, as always, greatly appreciated. :smile: