[FREE]DjGPXTool extension

This extension let you read and write GPX and KML tracks.

-ReadGPX: enter the full path of your GPX file (e.g. /storage/emulated/0/yourfile.gpx)
-GPXRead: returns a list of lat/lng pairs.
-CreateGPX: fileName ( e.g. /storage/emulated/0/yourTrack.gpx)
name: Name of your track
-GPXCreated: returns: path to the written GPX file. result: as String. size: amount of coordinates.
GPXDemo.aia (69,2 KB)
com.django.DjGPXTools.aix (13,2 KB)

** Update version 2 01-01-2021 ***
Now you can read and write kml files too. Use the same procedure as with gpx files.
Updated extension and aia file

37 Likes

Nice Extension @Django_s_Android_App

2 Likes

Shame i can only give two likes. I love this and i haven’t even tested it. :crazy_face: :grin:

7 Likes

Thank you!
@Peter : I remember you once made a hiking app. I am sure this extension may be useful for you.

3 Likes

Did you try importing the generated gpx into the Openstreetmap app?

1 Like

Not yet. Because I usually work with GoogleMaps. (OpenStreetMap runs awfully slow for me)

3 Likes

I will try to do some test in the next couple of days. Remind me please if i forget. :grin:

2 Likes

Yep, it is working in the openstreetmap app. Great job @Django_s_Android_App :thumbsup:

6 Likes

Nice! Thanks for testing!

3 Likes

Very good extension. Congratulations

:star_struck:

2 Likes

nice extension :heart:

2 Likes

Great extension @Django_s_Android_App. Keep up updates. :golfing_man:t2:

2 Likes

I am very sure I would be useful. Approved by Peter :+1:

Suggestion: You might want to rename WhenRead to Read, because there’s already a “when” a start. It now looks like when WhenCreated

The same logic goes to AfterCreated, you might wanna change it to Created

6 Likes

Amazing… extension :star_struck: :+1:t2:

1 Like

yes i too suggest that

2 Likes

Updated!
thx @WatermelonIce

1 Like

Updated version 2.
Now you can read and write kml files too.

4 Likes

Awesome feature. Thankyou .

2 Likes

Oh it is getting better and better. I used KML in one of the apps i made. Good job. :thumbsup:

1 Like

Great tool!
I was waiting for such functionality for my app!.
Thanks so much!.
If you want to improve it may be you can make a small update to add the elevation data should it exists in the GPX file.
Instead of returning a list of points (lat, long) you could return a list of points+elevation (lat,long,elev)
May be you can add a flag to decide wether you need elev or not or a return flag indicating wether or not elevation data was returned.

2 Likes