[FREE] Firebase Store - An Extension for using Firebase Firestore

Firebase Store

This is the remake of the Firestore extension that was developed by Jarlisson. Since this extension was stopped working when all builders was migrated to Androidx libraries. I have remade this extension to make it work work with others builders. This extension is currently tested in Kodular and Niotron and it is working in both of them. This remade extension contains a lot of changes such as extension name and extension size is increased too but it won’t affect your APK size much. This extension uses all the sources and all blocks of the older Firestore extension. I have added some new features such as Increment and maybe in future I would be able to add more. This extension now works with other firebase components too.

Released on : 28 July 2022
Last Updated on : 28 July 2022
Latest Version : 1.0.0

New Blocks

Since it contains all the blocks of older firestore extension so I am not going to post them here again. you should be able to find those all details and documentations of the blocks in old topic that was officially published by Jarlisson.

This event raises when the Increment query failed.

This event raises when the Increment query of a document success.

This blocks runs the Increment query of given fields with given values. This block is used to update a int value on the database without reading it. For ex, If you have a value in database 10 and you want to increase it by 5 then you don’t need to read it and then store it again, You can use this block to increase the 5 in that value directly. This saves your time and resources.

This block initializes the Firestore component with persistent property. This block is changed in this remake version. New properties are created for database details.

Returns true if the initialization was successful.

Properties for setting the firebase details.

The documentation of all blocks can be found on the Original Topic.

I request mods to unlist the old Firestore topic that was posted by Jarlisson so users of this extension can read the documentation and usage of same blocks.

How to Use

Here is a quick usage and info about new blocks.

You can initialize in the same way. Make sure to fill the Firebase details first in properties.

You can run the increment query this way after giving the document reference. fieldsAndValues must be a dictionary. You can give here all the keys that you want to update with increment query.

There is nothing more to tell you about. If you have any issue regarding using it then I would like you to read the older topic. All blocks are documented well there.

Download

Make sure to download the suitable versions according to your needs. I have posted there much about downloading and using the suitable extension. I hope you could read it before using the extension.

Donate

If you want to support my work then you can donate on this link :

For donating in INR, you can ask my UPI address in PM or you can find it here.

Credit

Thanks @Shreyash for the super power full Rush .

Like the extension if you like it :+1:

Suggestion and issue are welcome

Thanks you
Sumit​ :wink:

16 Likes

Nice useful Extension

1 Like

Great extension.

Wah :grinning: A new great contribution . Thank You @iamwsumit

Amazing, we want more from you dear :heart:

can’t be initailzed… why?

It would really help if you provided a screenshot of your relevant blocks, so we can see what you are trying to do, and where the problem may be.

To get an image of your blocks, right click in the Blocks Editor and select “Download Blocks as Image”. You might want to use an image editor to crop etc. if required. Then post it here in the community.

Taifun

1 Like

sure.

Thanks for the extension.

Getting this error:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: No virtual method getUid()Ljava/lang/String; in class Lcom/google/firebase/FirebaseApp; or its super classes (declaration of ‘com.google.firebase.FirebaseApp’ appears in /data/app/~~i8JmfTcujjrnRU2TapWSog==/io.makeroid.companion-nvUA2MgdCNEzqpwbSqdy3A==/base.apk!classes5.dex)

This extension does not work in companion, try it in APK.

Okay, thanks. Will it not make testing and development a bit difficult… is there an easy way to go about using the APK to make things faster? Please advice so I can use the extension and build the app faster without too many hassles.

Thanks again,
Amit