[DISCONTINUED] ๐Ÿ’Œ Notification Style: extension with various types of notification. ๐Ÿ’Œ

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Good day. I made an app with this beautiful extension. And, in my stats in Google Play Console I see relatively often error
โ€œjava.lang.IllegalArgumentException
com.jdl.NotificationStyle.NotificationStyle$5.runโ€
What can I do to prevent it?
Notification started when activity changed from โ€œresumeโ€ to โ€œpauseโ€ (catched with Taifoon Tools extension) and closed when โ€œpauseโ€ returned to โ€œresumeโ€. Notification with big picture. When it started, it got a start value. I didnโ€™t see that error on my devices, just in Play Console, but, number of errors increases. Number of errors - 58 on 12000 devices.

Here the blocks:

i donโ€™t use notification component of Kodular โ€ฆ I use notification style extension

1 Like

I think that extension need to be updated to comply with api 31 requirements โ€ฆ Contact the developer to fix this .

which means you are posting in the wrong threadโ€ฆ I moved it for you to the correct oneโ€ฆ

yes, also this extension needs an SDK31 update, see also [FREE] Notification Style: extension with various types of notification - #23 by Alexandre_Gorine - Extensions - MIT App Inventor Communityโ€ฆ

however the author @jarlissonlira2 has not been active anymore since more than 2 yearsโ€ฆ but as the extension is open source, anyone could do the update and provide the new version for the communityโ€ฆ

Taifun

4 Likes

thanks for extension.

some other notification for streaming radio that works with android 12

Hello good afternoon, I have a problem with this extension and I donโ€™t know if Iโ€™m doing something wrong or if itโ€™s a problem with an extension block. I tell you when I use this block to bring info from an excel and I use the largeicon to place a photo as shown in the image

the corresponding photo comes out perfectly, but the other data does not, the name and age are repeated in all the notifications. As you can see in the following image

but when i just make a small change and i take the image out of largeicon and leave it empty, example image

When taking the image, the information that appears in the notifications is correct.

But I need the image to come out yes or yes, someone knows what may be happening, if you need more information about the blocks Iโ€™ll pass it on.

I have updated this extension. This extension is now compatible with SDK 31 in Kodular and other builders.
Some changes have been done including the package name of the extension so you would not be able to update the extension instead you will be required to set up this extension in your project.

Here is the extension:

com.sumit.notificationstyle.aix (25.0 KB)

Thank you.

10 Likes

Great extension love effort :ok_hand:

1 Like

Hello good afternoon, I have a problem with this extension and I donโ€™t know if Iโ€™m doing something wrong or if itโ€™s a problem with an extension block. I tell you when I use this block to bring info from an excel and I use the largeicon to place a photo as shown in the image

the corresponding photo comes out perfectly, but the other data does not, the name and age are repeated in all the notifications. As you can see in the following image

but when i just make a small change and i take the image out of largeicon and leave it empty, example image

When taking the image, the information that appears in the notifications is correct.

But I need the image to come out yes or yes, someone knows what may be happening, if you need more information about the blocks Iโ€™ll pass it on.

Possibly could be a bug with NotificationStyle extension.

Alternatively, use Firebase Cloud Messaging:

It has custom support for notifications, just as you want, (large icon and others, fully customizable).

Try the update by @iamwsumit

Taifun

2 Likes

I changed some icons but i am not able to resize icons to bigger sizeโ€ฆ Can you help me??
Please tell me how can i Resize those icons in music notification setup? & also please tell me in which extension builder i can import your libraries because niotron ide doesnโ€™t support those librariesโ€ฆ

I got a bug in Notification style when my device got updated to android 12 then i am unable to initialize a notification , I tried with another demo project also and i got same error in android 12 not in android 11 so please fix it

Is it compatible with android 12?? @Xoma

yes it is compatible with Android 12

The APK is only for testing, but if you use on your application. Itโ€™s also working depending on the functionalities.

I get the same message when I try to run on my phone with Android 12. Why we have this message? Someone help us please.