[FREE] (Open Source) TinyDB Backup Extension - Backup TinyDB data to a file and vice versa

File name doesn’t matter here :sweat_smile:
The file format will be kind of unreadable :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

It is on user if he want to hash or encrypt the file, there are many possible ways to do it in kodular

3 Likes

Thanks for this. But I have 60 items stored as a list in tinydb and it doesn’t get the list back. App is not reading the tinydb

@Cemal_Yalcin

Are you using this extension? If yes, then you may want to show related blocks.

3 Likes

Can you please tell me, Where the file saved after backup?

It is saved on the path which you give in “outputPath”

1 Like

Thanks for your response. I was just testing it and trying to figure out how it works. But it is not saving tinyDB into json file.
Can you please tell me where i am wrong. I am generating 1-20 number with each tag eg- tag: value; , 1:1, 2:2,…20:20. And then saving it using extension.

1 Like

You are giving wrong path format
It should be “/storage/emulated/0/folder-if-any/file”

2 Likes

Yeah, Great. It worked.
But there is still a problem. That, if you want to save the JSON file then you must give the path of the existed folder. Suppose if you want to save the file to a folder “Backup” but unfortunately, the users don’t have the folder “Backup”. Then the file will not be saved. I think it needs to create a folder if it doesn’t exist.

2 Likes

Yes, @luv.ak.tech Thanks for replying. I know we can use other extensions/components to create the folder. But if the feature will be in the extension. It will create the folder itself if needed.

This is just a feedback or opinion.

2 Likes

Can I view the saved files?

That is saved in file manager on path you give,no relation with this extension.

How to view the data in the file?

Check this @LIU

2 Likes

TT

After clicking the backup database button, you can see the 1.TXT file on the phone, but the data cannot be read when the database is restored.

Check if file path is right. I think it should be either /storage/emulated/0/ else /mnt/sdcard/

Why can it be backed up and read in Companion, but can be read but not backed up after compilation? The paths are the same, is there a bug in the extension?

probably you are missing read or write permission.

1 Like

Has read and modify permissions, but still cannot be backed up.