[FREE] Orientation Fix Extension

Orientation Fix

This extension prevents the quick flip orientation problem in AI2 and all of its distros. This extension helps your app to launch your screens in portrai mode and keeps them in portrait orientation. This is an empty extension that need to be dragged on Screen1.

Released on : 28 Mar 2023
Updated on : 28 Mar 2023
Latest Version : 1.0.0

Documentation

Note:- This extension is only for portrait apps, this extension does not work for landscape oriented apps, for landscape you have to edit your app manifest and then recompile it own, if you can do this stuff then you can contact me for the landscape extension version.

As I already said this extension has no blocks so I am skipping the documentation.

How to Use

Since this extension has no blocks all you have to do is to drag this extension on screen1 of your app. Screen1 is not necesarry, you can drag it to any screen that you want but Screen1 is recommended as it is the main activity of the app.

Then after dragging set your orientation to “Unspecified/Portrait/User”. If you have set the orientation to any other mode except these three then the extension may not work.

NOTE:- You can’t stay always in portrait mode when the user holds/open the app in landscape mode with auto rotation off. You must declare orientation in manifest to achieve that, since the extension can’t do that hence, you can only prevent quick flip when the device auto rotation is off.

Download

https://www.sumitkmr.com/projects/doc/orientation-fix/

Credit

Thanks @Shreyash for the super power full Rush .

Thanks you
Sumit​ :wink:

6 Likes

Great extension . But it’s slightly expensive :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Yes it’s a needed fix but the price is a bit too expensive for Orientation fix. But surely I would put this extension in my purchase wishlist so that I could buy it later if my budget allows.

3 Likes

A discount for the extension: Price is reduced to by 50%.

The updated prices are :

For India :- ₹999 ₹499
Outside India :- 20$ 10$

I would like to draw everyone’s attention that this discount is only for 48 hours. So, if anyone planning to buy, please do it before 1 April 2023, 4 PM IST to avail of this discount.

How to buy :
You can buy this extension from AI2 Store
Deep Link for AI2 Store : Click here

Thanks.

As this is just a Screen Orientation Fix, you can afford it for INR150 and so everyone can buy it. Every DeepHost extensions are at such prices and has many purchases even without posting in community

1 Like

ok I appreciate your dedication and creativity. currently i can’t afford. But i still use your other free extension and also a special thanks for that

1 Like

No you can’t ask him or any other extension developer to lower the price. I think it won’t be ethical.
It is upto you whether you need the extension or not. If you really need then you will get it from any source otherwise you will just continue as usual.
However, in this case, you can look into MIT’s fix and see how you can implement that yourself.

I think Appzard fixed it already a long time ago

See my friend, comparing your skills with anyone is not a good thing. Definitely, you are doing good but saying “If I hadn’t made this extension, MIT could not have fixed it yet” is not good. They have did many things as a non profit work. Even they have now created support for iOS for us. They don’t deserve this kind of criticism

2 Likes

The solution that is posted in that hotfix comes from my extension :woman_shrugging:. If I just have not told them about the cause of the issue, they had not fixed it yet. That’s what I said. It’s on you how you take it, if you think I compared skills then be on it (they are experienced devs, me kid, comparison not possible), I don’t think I have said anything like that. The thing I said is “yet”, I never said that “they could never fix it”.

You might be aware about the information first.

2 Likes

If they could have fixed it then why didn’t they do it before arrival of this extension?
He posted his extension & somehow they started to think about fixing it. They ruined his effort.

Absolutely incorrect.
Extension has been published only on Kodular Community so you can’t blame them.
You can still use the extension in Kodular.

1 Like

You may be want to ignore the timing but people were struggling with this bug for months no one provided solution for it. Kodular did not fix it, MIT did not fix it first & somehow MIT started to work on it after the release of extension.
This logic that extension was not posted in MIT community is actually stupid because a lot of responsible people are common on both platform.

That’s False, it has not been fixed yet, you can check own by making a test APK.

Still, that’s not possible without the extension. If manifest was enough to solve this problem, a lot of users could have solved it already.

I described the cause of this problem with Anke, and Anke DM ed the AI2 devs about the issues and then they introduced the hotfix. I am not blaming anyone.

1 Like

I tested already. Do you want any test apk ?

You mean the ‘hotfix’ is still incomplete.

Yep, there was another problem, but I am not sure they fixed it or not, but it’s not included in that pull request.

test (1).apk (3.7 MB)

Yeah post it.

What property did you set ? Set both ScreenOrientation and AppOrientation to “Portrait”

1 Like

No point in showing it here as it is appzard apk and please stop this offtopic nonsense

3 Likes

Okay, I removed the APK but …

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes