[FREE] Voice Recognition extension without Google Dialogue

Maybe the background task extension can come in here and that will create a wonder product if combined with this

Thanks For Making This.

1 Like

I can make a background service that has the same functionality. But, this will no longer be an extension for the appinventor.

2 Likes

Thanks for this wonderful extension.But I have a problem .I made an app that replies to me when i say hello.It should say."Hello How are you .But it just says “are you”.I used text to speech and this extension.

1 Like

Apparently you need to make a short delay before TTS answering.

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: How can we make delay?

In theory, this situation can arise if you receive data from AfterPartialResults event in MuteAudio mode.
If so, then just use the AfterGettingText event, that occurs after the sound is restored.

2 Likes

I used after getting text

Hi I want to implement Continuos Recognition and a keyword like “hello”. So that when I say the keyword the app gets ready to get the command to do other operations. These are my blocks I am using MIT app inventor.

I was not able to implement it. I think I am doing it wrong. I am a beginner.

1 Like

The event BeforeGettingText occurs after recognition has started. You cannot insert a GetText restart into the body of this event.
It is enough to make the settings once, after starting the program. You can also start recognition immediately.

Or start recognition after establishing a Bluetooth connection.

3 Likes

Can anybody say where can i get the key words

This is the keywords you got them feom result.

1 Like

Ok
Thank You

Thank you really appreciate the help. It works perfectly.

2 Likes

how can i use more than just one key word

How are u getting such regonition without Google any way this is very helpful

In the current version, only one keyword or phrase is automatically checked.
However, the user can implement verification of any number of keywords by independently processing the recognized phrase.

I am using the SpeechRecognizer class, which in turn uses Google services too.

3 Likes

Great extension

2 Likes

Hello,
Great extension !
I want to control through voice my camera for video recording (saying “start” then “stop”). To start, no problem, it works. But to stop the video recording, I cannot because the microphone is not anymore available.
Do you have a solution ? take the control of the microphone over the record ? using a second microphone in bluetooth ? …
Thanks for your help.
Vincent

For example, use another device for voice commands. And send commands to the camera over the WiFi.

1 Like