From 1 Aug 2021 targetSdkVerion = 30 (Android 11) for new apps!

Yes, you can.

Yes you can update app till November…

… until the end of October.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

can someone help me how to change api 29 to api 30?

If you want to publish a new app in the Play Store, you need to decompile the AAB and set targetSdk = 30 (because you must use AAB from August 1st for new apps).

As far as I know, there is unfortunately no (generally) working tool with which an AAB can be decompiled.

If you want to release an update in the Play Store, you can do it as usual (without changing targetSdk or anything else, until the end of Okt).

What does this mean?
Now, we can’t publish any new apps in google play store?
What is the solution?

The solution is just to be patient.

i think Anke told about namely Uyen_Chau problem

But I am not sure if this problem will be solved or not because many developers was talking about this problem many months ago but now there is no solution. What should I do now? should I continue developing my apps in Kodular where I don’t know when I can publish them in play store? or should I search for another development environment to avoid losing my time and my work?
It is not good to feel that you can’t publish your product :sleepy:

2 Likes

That is up to you. Hopefully it will be updated again in the coming days. What is so important that you have to publish today? Even App Inventor has this problem at the moment. I have the patience to wait, why don’t you have that patience?

2 Likes

Because when Fenix released it causes some bugs then after these bugs have been fixed August begins and play store stopped API 29 so It was better to solve this problem instead of releasing Fenix with bugs that prevented me from publishing before August

It seems you haven’t read other topics. The devs said they are waiting on App Inventor for their update to API30. Since they haven’t released the new App Inventor version the Kodular devs also have to wait.

Like @bodymindpower said, updating apps is not a problem. If you had to publish something now you could have just posted before 1 august so it could be updated. You choose not to do that and now you just have to wait. It doesn’t help to complain about anything because it won’t change anything.

You just have to wait or you have the choice and go to another builder if you have to publish today.

1 Like

I think you know it is not possible so this is not a choice.

Publishing new apps = not possible
Updating apps = possible
Use this free time to optimize app, app listing, icon, screenshot, feature videos.
If you do these thing, you can easily get 20-30% growth within few weeks.

1 Like

I know what you are talking about but because I am not sure when I will be able to publish my product so I am afraid of wasting my time because when I searched for this problem here I detected that many developers was talking about this issue many months ago but now you see there is no solution.

Take a week off and chill, or if you use file component then read about changes happening in Android 11. We will have to make few changes in our apps.

1 Like

That is also something “beautiful” coming. :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Well can’t argue with that one :joy::joy:

Does this mean that if I remove any file component, play store will accept my app?

1 Like