"Funny" package name problem

Hi guys,

I have quite a funny problem.

I published my first app to the Play Store. However, right after publishing it, I found out that I forgot to change the Package name. Now it has a “funny” work name… which is not exactly the name I wanted to add there :smiley:

Could I change it when it has already been published? I did some research, and it looks that this is not an option.

Or could I copy the project and try to publish it again? If so, I guess, in that case, I should probably change all the names of images and other parts of my app otherwise, my app could be rejected. Am I right?

Please help me. I am open to any idea.

You can not change the package name of already published app. However, you can still copy the whole project and change its package name without changing any stuff. Just changing the package name is enough to make your app live.

1 Like
1 Like

Thank you for your answers.

So the first thing I have to do is to unpublish my current app. Then I can just open my Kodular project, change the Package name of the project, maybe improve some other small things, and save it as APK. And after that, I just add the new APK project to Google Play Console and send it as a new app for approval? Is it all right? Because I read something here on the forum that I have to change also the names of images because otherwise, it would be count as a copy of the app.

Yeah. Change the meta data of images and you’re good to go.

Where do you find this? Please post the link(s).

Sorry for answering so late, but I didn’t have time yesterday. Here is a link:

I don’t read anything like this there.

Anyway, I’m pretty sure that’s not necessary.

Okay, thank you very much for your help :relaxed:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.