Generic Discussion about Kodular Premium

If I stay in freemium plan and pay commission for ad manager why I cant have better ad inventory? I am earning average 25 dollars monthly and you take 5 dollars of it. It makes 60 dollars in a year. (I must gain premium automaticly :slight_smile: and why I cant have better ad inventory and enhanced integration? better ad inventory and enhanced integration will get your earnings higher, too. You can say “so get premium”. But in my opinion this is not a good idea and your timing is not good. Maybe you should go back to admob extensions with comissions with ad manager or make ad manager stronger. I know many people earning much more than ad manager with admob.
With all my respect. Just consider it again.

8 Likes

Although I do like the idea‒ I think creativity will be hindered with a limit on the number of extensions that can be imported to projects.

A burden is now put on developers…

1. They have to consider if previous code should be consolidated into one extension, making ten extensions available in one.
  2. They have to consider the possibility of not publishing their extensions due to build size.

It’s not my intention to come off like thought wasn’t put into the quotas, however many projects use upwards of ten, sometimes twenty, extensions.

12 Likes

Staff should keep this free forever as long as you don’t include ads in apps idea and consider revoking the limits by creating three plans. e.g.: Free forever plan, Freemium plan (with limits and ad manager only) and Premium plan.

15 Likes

Just 5 days to adapt…this is insane.

Limit to 5 extensions…another decision that is not nice.

8 Likes

The extension limit is bad , please no. We cant pay like this way!!!

8 Likes

Hello Kodular Team!

I understand that somehow you need money to support the development platform, but penalize the vast majority of enthusiastic programmers and students who probably don’t seek extraordinary gains in their projects.
I don’t even think it’s fair to block the generation of APK packages, since it’s not possible to publish on the Google store.
It would only be reasonable to limit the generation of AAB packages to developers who use monetization in their projects.
I believe that before charging a monthly fee for using the platform, all pre-existing bugs and bad behavior of native components should be resolved.

Thanks.

Translated by Google

7 Likes

please diego make the limit of add extension up to 7at least !
why ?
because all user need to this extension in app :
recycler or dynamic
text alignment
notifcation
database (spreadsheet,baserow…)
phase
json to dictionary !

5 Likes

I’m so impatient to see ios in Kodular.

I fully support the premium plan.

2 Likes

This is impossible because kodular supports java and does not support swift or flutter

3 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes

Once MIT AI2 supports iOS then it will become possible for Kodular to support it too. There is no timeframe as to when AI2 will support it. And there is no guarantee that Kodular will then start supporting it.

2 Likes

1 Like

My friend, I think this chaos is’ an end.
Memberships will be canceled.
Android Studio free.
Appinventor is free.
www.kodular.io can you try to put ads?
Honesty always gives.

8 Likes

I’ve been using kodular for about 3 years and I have more than 20 projects. Some as a study base or model. Now the question is whether it’s worth it or not because even in conditions, three things should be taken. 1° Many countries do not use the dollar (in my case) where the currency is very devalued. This becomes relatively expensive. 2° Should have informed and given at least 30 days for the changes. 3° It should meet an evaluation on the opinion of the developers to have a middle ground between the parties. Aiming to satisfactorily meet the platform and developers.

10 Likes

Shifting the topic– why not provide some extensions as built-in components, for example more popular extensions such as Phase.

You could receive permission from the developer to add it to Kodular then update it when a new version is released, while still leaving ownership to the developer. Or, as an alternative, host a GitHub repository where extensions and their metadata (?) are added through pull requests.

For example, if I were to submit a pull request to said repository, the file structure would look somewhat like this…

• com.github.hammerhai
    • com.github.hammerhai.extension.aix

These would be in extension format, but would have to be considered built-in components somehow. Should the developer not feel sure about providing source code, this still allows their extension to be “featured.”

7 Likes

Why would Kodular do this if the intention is to bring more users that use extensions to upgrade to premium plan?

If we think as users, there is no sense limiting to 10 apps or 5 extensions for app. The only reason for these limitations at free plan with almost no time to adapt is make the users upgrade to premium.

11 Likes

Yes and like Baserow internal extension!
Why Spreadsheet is integrated only… We need baserow database in kodular component not as extension
Also phase and text alignemnt
Kodular dynamic component it is not useful at all!! All user need in this case to add extension like dynamic component extension 2.2.2 or recycler extension.

3 Likes

1 Like

‘‘Commissionable Google Ad Manager components + all other non-commissionable monetization components’’
What does all the other monetization components mean?
Are you saying that the admob components will be back?

2 Likes

I would recommend rolling out a reasonably bug-free update first before making any premium offerings. (And why, by the way, in such a hurry?)

35 Likes