Going back single step in JSON data - JSON Tools

I am creating a Bible app from a json database which looks like this. I provided the sample of 5 verses. The total size of the json is 13MB and It works well. I am currently using JSONTools4 to Parse the JSON. But, the problem is I need to load the whole 13MB JSON again to load every single Verse.

I included comments for your reference.

{ // Entering Array by Name
"Book":[ // Array of Books
	{ // Object inside book, Entered by Index ( Genesis etc.,.)
		"Chapter":[ // Chapter Arrar, Enterered by Name and Index
		{
			"Verse":[ // Verse Array, Entered by Name only.
			{ // Verse Object Entered by Index - Getting String by attribute Verse.. I need to get back to the Array after getting String by Attribute to enter another Object.
				"Verseid":"00000000",
				"Verse":"ஆதியிலே தேவன் வானத்தையும் பூமியையும் சிருஷ்டித்தார்."
			},
			{
				"Verseid":"00000001",
				"Verse":"பூமியானது ஒழுங்கின்மையும் வெறுமையுமாய் இருந்தது; ஆழத்தின்மேல் இருள் இருந்தது; தேவ ஆவியானவர் ஜலத்தின்மேல் அசைவாடிக்கொண்டிருந்தார்."
			},
			{
				"Verseid":"00000002",
				"Verse":"தேவன் வெளிச்சம் உண்டாகக்கடவது என்றார், வெளிச்சம் உண்டாயிற்று."
			},
			{
				"Verseid":"00000003",
				"Verse":"வெளிச்சம் நல்லது என்று தேவன் கண்டார்; வெளிச்சத்தையும் இருளையும் தேவன் வெவ்வேறாகப் பிரித்தார்."
			},
			{
				"Verseid":"00000004",
				"Verse":"தேவன் வெளிச்சத்துக்குப் பகல் என்று பேரிட்டார், இருளுக்கு இரவு என்று பேரிட்டார்; சாயங்காலமும் விடியற்காலமுமாகி முதலாம் நாள் ஆயிற்று."
			}]
		}]
	}]
}

Loading Blocks

Now, You can see After entering a verse object. I cannot go back and load another one. That’s why I am setting current position to root and doing the process all over again. I am asking that if there is any alternate way of doing that or a method to do using JSONTools.

Any help would be appreciated. You can use this blocks to get data and the above posted JSON to test if you are willing to help.

The best way to parse json string is to use the Dictionary component.

1 Like

Any way of doing that with dictionary. Since, Dictionary doesn’t support entering with Index as you can see in this.

Yes, The Dictionary can get item by index.

for example:
we have a json string like

If you want to get 2nd employee “George” data, you can do like this:

further to above, if you want to get 3rd employee’s lastName, you can replace the path as (employees, 3, lastName)

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.