Google Play will stop serving apps without 64-bit versions on 64-bit capable devices

i just read this Android Developers Blog then i just saw Play will stop serving apps without 64-bit versions on 64-bit capable devices . Anyone tell me what is that

The 64-bit requirement: what it means for developers

Starting August 1, 2019:

• All new apps and app updates that include native code are required to provide 64-bit versions in addition to 32-bit versions when publishing to Google Play.
  • Extension: Google Play will continue to accept 32-bit only updates to existing games that use Unity 5.6 or older until August 2021.

Starting August 1, 2021:

• Google Play will stop serving apps without 64-bit versions on 64-bit capable devices, meaning they will no longer be available in the Play Store on those devices.
  • This will include games built with Unity 5.6 or older.

Here link - Android Developers Blog: Get your apps ready for the 64-bit requirement

2 Likes

currently there are two major type : 32 bit and 64 bit. and google now want that every app must support 64 bit version system it is not compulsory to make it compatible with 32 bit but 64 bit compatibility is compulsory

1 Like

Check this :point_down:

https://appbazar.in/64-bit-app-support-from-august-2019/

Any more thoughts about this topic?

/Boban

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.