Guide: How to get JSON data from an Api using dictionaries (and show it on a dynamic cardview)

:grimacing:Sorry, I accidentally converted the block into an arbitrary component block, but it is no problem for now

imagen
How can I find the api of a site, ie the value 2 in the photo above (I would be glad if you could help me

@Aykut the above picture is from rapidapi

I’ll try to clear it … The API address is located on the API website or on some API’s website (mentioned above). The “owner” of the API shows you these addresses (sometimes called an endpoint).

so we can’t get an api from a site we want?

Friend you don’t need to “get” the API. The owner of provides the API address, parameters to pass to the API, examples in various languages ​​of how to use the API and the return of the API.

The return usually is Json.

Help me to fix this error

I was trying to fetch data from JSON response. I did same thing as it is in this guide but i got this error.

Blocks :

My JSON API response:

Error message:

Help me to fix this

@gopi try this and see if it works

1 Like

@dora_paz yeah its working

1 Like

How you can get it

1 Like

Where do I make a mistake? why is the api not working?
mistake (Argument #1 (not found) to ‘com.google.appinventor.components.runtime.util.YailDictionary.walkKeyPath(com.google.appinventor.components.runtime.util.YailObject,java.util.List)’ has wrong type (java.lang.String) (java.lang.String cannot be cast to com.google.appinventor.components.runtime.util.YailObject)
)

1 Like

You are getting this error cause most probably you are not using api correctly or user id is not correct.
This is the correct way to get a response from that api. Debug your blocks with Do it and see

2 Likes

Why was the answer repeated? how to remove duplicates. why doesn’t thumbnail show

1 Like

The results are in lists , so you have to use for each item in list block or for each number from … to … by … block or select a specific record using index in list

3 Likes

Hello,

Thank you for your wonderful guide. Is it working with woocommerce API(used for wordpress plugin).I want to take product price,quantity and product pictures. I’ve created API key by woocommerce but i could not succes.Here is the woocomerce docs, which parametres need i use?

https://woocommerce.github.io/woocommerce-rest-api-docs/?shell#list-all-products

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

What did you try , after read this post ?

1 Like

@Rogerio_Rios i tried but… can not get it…

1 Like

Did you Try ?json walk

3 Likes

I am getting error
i set blocks like this
blocks (3)

and i set response content in label, and this happen, this is not in json formate

and i tried that link in chrome and that works fine

1 Like